Climax - A Story About Adam Miller.

Climax - A Story About Adam Miller.

A Story by DearTree
"

I wrote this short story about my bestfriend Adam.

"
Climax
A story about Adam Miller.
Written by Cheyenne Spear.

The place was sketchy. Dark alleys on each side, shady characters waiting in line behind the red rope; the average club. The only difference was I wasn't going to be in the crowd. I was the show. I proved my so-called friends from highschool wrong. I see my name in lights. It's every person's dream to be known by people that you, yourself don't even know, never thought of and never seen. I'm not as big as Skrillex or Deadmau5, but I know after tonight, I'll be heading up them stairs.
Earlier today, I told my friend Patty that I was doing my last gig. She kind of freaked at me. It got me thinking, maybe I shouldn't give it up. Or maybe I'm just getting depressed or I'm just over my head. But if that's the case then this really is the climax. 
I entered the multi-colored club. Hundreds of people were dancing to Face Down A*s Up by DJ Isaac that was controlled by some noob. 
I walked through the crowds of half naked girls and horny guys. The girls were sexy,  wearing short skirts and rainbow tops that were three sizes smaller than their actual chest size. "Show me them tits!" The noob said. And I'd be damned, more than half the chicks lifted up their shirts. Woo's and yells were exchanged from the noob and the crowd. I walked to the bar and ordered top-shelf liquor. This is going to be fun, I granted. Right when I was handed my drink and tilted back to take a drink, I get a nudge on my arm. 
"Hey, your Ahoy Thar, Adam, right? I love your beats. They're f*****g sick!" A guy exclaimed.
"Thanks, bro." I don't get alot of compliments like that. Or confronts atleast. I just get b*****s dancing to my music and fist pumps when the bass drops. 
"Your music is my drug, dude. Don't ever stop." He said and walked away. I could hear him approaching someone else by saying, "Oh man, I just talked to ATA. He's over at the bar."
I chuckled to myself. But I still can't call myself THE s**t. You know you're the s**t when Chuck Norris has nothing on you. Ha.
I slug my drink down and leave a 30 dollar tip. Not because the place was high-classed, but because the bartender was really hot. She deserved it for being that attractive to make me want to ditch the scene with her.
"Here in the club tonight is Ahoy Thar, Adam, come on up here and make these b*****s scream, Adam!" Noob announced. Oh, Noob, why so lame?
The sexy women part and clap. I walk toward the steps and onto the platform that was only 2 feet taller than the dancefloor. I carefully set up, plugging in the right cords to each outlet. Noob walks off stage and sets the mic beside my keypad. "I'm here to save your f*****g life." I yell and the crowd loves it. I push one button and everybody, and I'm talking everybody, screams. 
By the time I'm in 30 minutes, I've caught a glance at about half the girls' breasts. I have them on their toes, waiting what sound comes next. I'm on the high level of my game. I'm ready to drop the bass. Three.. two.. one.. 

The club goes all dark. Constant "what happened" and "I can't see" echoed on each wall. I get a phone call from Colin. "Hey, dude, I cut off the lights. I'm in the back, grab your s**t and let's go." So this is it. My last show. I grab the microphone and say real quiet, "I love you guys so much. I'll be seeing you around. ATA out." and drop the mic on the stage. I rip all the plugs out and carry my technology to the back. I see Colin, he has his hand on the light switch. He flips it on and I hear gasping. "Let's roll." I say. And we go.

***

My dad was the best. He was loving, caring, and more traits that my mom fell in love with when she was a teenager. This man was my mother's highschool sweetheart. And even though things went down the drain with them, their marriage still standed as tall as a NFL basketball player. I remember when Dad told me I was gonna be nobody when I told him that I liked males. I know he didn't mean it.  But I guess I'm heading that way by quitting my passion, DJ-ing. 
Ahoy Thar, Adam! went hard. And it was a blast. But my father wanted me in an office with a suit on, b***h-talking confused people in MY company. He wanted me to finish college. He wanted so much that he set high-standards to each of his children. Michelle, my sister, is finishing college and what am I doing? Not a damn thing. I can't even take care of our 9 month old baby brother, Logan. I had to call up my aunt to take him. I quit my career and my job that I got 900 dollar tips each night bartending from. Now, I'm covinced I'm a quitter and a lowlife.
My friends tell me how amazing I am, but why can't I see what they see? What kind of glass are they looking through? And how am I extraordinary? I'm the average 20 year old guy that wants to party, take ecstasy, f**k beautiful people and wake up with a s****y hangover in the next morning. I want to stay up all night, energized by Redbull, playing video games like nothing else matters in the world. Like my life depends on getting to the next level. I want to get Logan back and raise him like I promised my mom. I want to watch him bloom into a handsome young boy and give him a wedding and provide him with a life that has been fulfilled by nothing by my brotherhood and my love. I'm starting to set the standards on myself as my father did. He died on May the 21st. But I was informed the day after. And now my mother wants to give up and Michelle doesn't talk to me. I want to avoid everything and everyone. I want to avoid my emotions. I want to avoid life.
Hey, how about we go to Alaska? I don't think so. I'll just stick with my Hydro and Kush. Forget my music career. Forget bartending. Forget you. I'll smoke myself away. Just like he did.

© 2012 DearTree


Author's Note

DearTree
True story. I wrote in his point of view. And I let him read over it, he cried and said it was exactly how he feels. So enjoy it! And use your imagination!! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012
Tags: DJ, music, Adam, career, boy, guy, non-fiction, true story

Author

DearTree
DearTree

Galveston, TX



About
Been writing since I was twelve years young. more..

Writing
Cover Up Cover Up

A Story by DearTree