Dealing with Depression

Dealing with Depression

A Poem by PetiteGemini

I constantly feel like I am losing my mind and pushing away from people. The more and more I try to pull people closer, the more I push away and isolate myself. It's as if I am screaming inside my head silently where no one can hear but me. The scream is silently and slowly pushing itself out of my head and into my eyes, where people can see the scream inside my head if they look close enough. I don't want that to happen. I am scared that they will notice and start to worry. They don't need to worry about me. They have enough going on with their lives, trying to run from their own black demons that are attacking them and killing them slowly and painfully. Each breath they take kills them a little more and worrying about me will just give those demons a chance to overpower them and take over, eventually killing them and destroying them from the inside and out. They will no longer be recognizable. They will have nowhere to turn when their faces are stained with the tears of pain and their arms splattered with the blood of themselves. They will be weeping in pain and failure, disappointed in themselves for letting their demons overcome them and become someone else in the process. Soon, they will become an empty shell and no longer be able to express emotions. They will wear a smile just to throw everyone off and pretend that nothing is wrong, yet when they get home, they will just sit there and stare into space, wishing that they could feel and not be in this empty shell of themselves. You see, these people and I are not like you. We have real demons, chasing after us every single day of our life, trying to defeat them, trying to fight them off with the few good thoughts that we are clinging on to, yet the demons win and don't let us go of their grip. This is what we deal with every day when we deal with depression. 

© 2014 PetiteGemini


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on March 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2014

Author

PetiteGemini
PetiteGemini

No one's business , MI



Writing
Journal Journal

A Poem by PetiteGemini