It's a Big City

It's a Big City

A by Hide From God
"

This is the beginning to a story I am writing about a guy who is searching for a girl he met on the subway all day through the city.

"

    I reach the center of the city and I stop, wondering if this is pointless.  I look around at the nightlife surrounding me, thinking why is this city so big?  Would I ever find her, would I ever stop looking for this girl?  I have nothing to go on, no where to look but I just have to look.  I am starting to think that I am crazy, who would go to such lengths to find a girl who I didn’t even know her name?  But here I am doing exactly what my better judgment says I shouldn’t do.  I look around the city once, hoping to see this girl, even though I know it will not happen.  I slowly start to walk back to the subway, knowing that this is hopeless.  I look up and my eyes catch something.  Is it her, because it sure looks like her.  I start to walk faster through the throngs of people on the streets to try to reach this girl.  I have to catch her, I can’t lose her again.  She turns down a street and I follow, as I am getting closer to her, she stops and turns around.  I stop in my tracks. Damn.  It isn’t her, I wasted all that time and it wasn’t even her.  I sit down on the curb of the street, tryng to get a grip.  I cannot be doing this, it is driving me insane, it is only one girl, there are millions out there.  But this is my only life and what difference does it make, if I want to chase a girl or not.  My mind is racing with all these different thoughts.  I don’t know where to end, but I guess I never knew how to begin. 

© 2009 Hide From God


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am actually from a small city in India so one thing for sure is I can relate to how it feels when you go to a crowded one. and secondly finding someone in a place so unknown is so difficult but the desire to find that one person is so strong that no matter what we can't stop looking. well expressed :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on October 14, 2009

Author

Hide From God
Hide From God

MA



About
Tattooed Hearts and Broken Promises. Oh girl this boat is sinking, There's no sea left for me. And how the sky gets heavy, When you are underneath it. Oh, I want to sail away from here, And G.. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Hide From God