Final Battle

Final Battle

A Story by Chris Rampersad
"

A very short and simple vampire story. I like it the way it is right now but might edit as time goes on.

"

   I walked further into the darkness, my footsteps echoed loudly as I delved deeper into the abandoned mansion. My body remained tense as I clutch my weapon refusing to listen to my mind telling it that we had done this many times before we should relax, my heart raced, this was not my first hunt but it would be my last whether I win or lose.

    The cold night breeze entered through the holes in the abandoned mansion made by many years of weathering. This was definitely the type of place he would prefer I thought, "ALEXANDER HELLSING!" a voice bellowed bouncing off the walls shattering my thoughts and making me jump slightly, "Hahaha! I could smell the stench of your family's blood from a mile away." I remained silent and tense. He had found me which I had already anticipated since this was on his turf I could hear my father’s voice at the back of my head telling me I shouldn’t do this it was not the way my ancestors did it. But I had to, I didn’t have time anymore to be patient this creature had killed too many, I have seen its handiwork its victims’ blood drained and brutally raped each of the crime scenes I went to while tracking this thing only filled me with disgust and anger and wrack my soul with guilt that I had once again arrived too late. My family had hunted these creatures for centuries and this one was the last of his race as I am the last of my family. This war between us will end tonight.

   I came to a well lit room a quick scan around the room confirmed that this was his lair, in the middle of the room was a large chair and on it sat a handsome young man, his face was as pale as a corpse his hair was white as snow he could not fully close his mouth because of his teeth, the instrument that he used to pierce the flesh of so many innocent. He stared at me, a devilish grin on his face. "Elrick Dracula I've come for you." I said, my hand clutching my weapon so tightly now that it had grown numb. He chuckled. "Do you really believe that you will take my life tonight? I assure you your actions will only bring about your death. The Hellsing family will end tonight."

   His presence was intimidating even to hunters like my family. My father had written in his journal that that was how you defined a pure blood of the Dracula family. "For your crimes of 200 murders I Alexander of the Hellsing family sentences you to death." My resolve to not back down angered him now as his smile vanished and his face now filled with disgust and anger. Without any warning signs he lunged at me his form changing mid-air into a giant bat like creature.

    I could barely jump out of the way in time as it crashed through the wall with a force that would break a man in half if hit. I quickly got to my feet weapon ready as I tried to see into the hole it had made in the wall.

   From within the darkness I could make out a pair of glowing red eyes and its teeth glistening in the little light there was, it's body seemed to have been created for destruction. It charged at me and I tried to get out of the way and for a moment I thought I was until its tail hit me slamming me into the wall although the structure was dilapidated, the structure was still hard enough to cause great pain when flung through it. As I tried to get up, from the corner of my eyes I saw a claw swipe at me and if not for my father training my reflexes since I was a child I would not have been able to block the attack and at the same time wound it. It cried out in pain as I severed two of its fingers. A cold breeze filled the room as it started to flap its wings, he was getting ready to escape I couldn’t let that happen, as it was about to take off using all my strength I jumped on its back and held on as tight as I can it screamed out in annoyance and tried to throw me off as it crashed into every wall in that old mansion but I held on, its final attempt to throw me off was when it decided to fly into the night sky. "I will not be killed tonight you wretched human." it hissed.

   I looked down and we were now hundreds of feet in the air and in that brief moment I was in awe at the earth’s beauty from the night’s sky as well as aware of its danger if I was to plummet from this height. My grip on him was weakening I was going to lose it soon. Then I would fall and die and he will live free to kill more with no one to stop him. I couldn’t let that happen. "Elrick Dracula you and I are the last of our family it's time we end this war. It ends with us." Hearing that he struggled even harder and with my last ounce of strength I thrust my weapon through his heart. He screamed in pain and after struggling for a minute his body stiffened and reverted back to human form.

    As we both fell towards the ground I closed my eyes and breathed deeply my last few breaths, air had never seemed so delicious in my life. I smiled to myself as I thought to myself that after centuries of this war between the humans and vampires it was finally over.

R.I.P.

© 2013 Chris Rampersad


Author's Note

Chris Rampersad
Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the story is well-written. Once I started reading I became lost in your words, great descriptive skills and pace, nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Rampersad

10 Years Ago

Thank you I'm very proud of this one. :)
Daniel Sala

10 Years Ago

And so you should be...!
i like your story it was very fast paced write on vampire killer lol


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013
Tags: action, horror, Vampires

Author

Chris Rampersad
Chris Rampersad

Point Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago



Writing