Chapter 1- The starting line

Chapter 1- The starting line

A Chapter by Dee Cole
"

We follow a mysterious woman, who could she possibly be?

"
The forest buzzed with life and energy. All around her animals fled the forest, fleeing from some yet to be seen enemy.  static "suspect not more static." "Requesting-" A shrill ringing emits from the walkie-talkie - "unit to-" The walkie talkie shut off suddenly. There was no way around it this time, she had to fight. The years she'd spent in the military would serve her well, but she was half afraid she'd gotten soft during her time in hiding.
"No point in worrying now, I'm probably already surrounded," Brandt thought.
She rose and crept out of the undergrowth. And then the shooting began.

The soldiers appeared seemingly from thin air. She took cover, and only a moment later, she saw it: a portal of black marble and pulsing purple light. Just seeing it gave her a headache, she couldn't imagine going through it.
It seemed more and more troops were appearing, and things were becoming troublesome, and it seemed she would not make it out of thi-
A quiet rapping on her shoulder interrupted Brandt's thoughts and she spun around. Men in the black and white body armor of the resistance hiding in nearly invisible alcoves just inside the treeline. It seemed this fight was going to be more fair than she had originally thought. But then the world exploded into chaos, bodies falling, bullets flying, and the occasional blast of fire or some other element from a mage.
But soon enough, the Morautian forces were depleted and the enemy began to fall back to the warp gate. Everything seemed to be going their way, but something was wrong. Something didn't feel right.
A strange sensation, an acute pain in the back of her head began to intensify, and the resistance mages seemed to be able to feel it too.
Brandt whipped her head around, only to spot a faint shimmering in the distance, but only a moment later, she was hit with an intense, blinding pain in her gut. It was an ambush! The world slowed to a drag as crimson ichor began to surge from her wound.
The world's color seemed to drain and the eyes of those around her were wide as Brandt snapped the neck of the man who had shot her. Everything else became a blur, the air around her crackled and burned while lightning jetted from her body.
If she was going down, they were going down with her. The battle raged around Brandt but she did not care as she hunted down every last soldier running for the gate, vaporizing them if they were close enough, electrocuting them if not.
She could still control it for a while longer, just enough to get where she needed to be. And so, Brandt flew through the previously abhorrent gate, arriving on the other side, something akin the the birth of a new star, melting anything in her path.

But she could control this supernova of power no longer, and released it with all her might, marking the end of a battle that would be talked about for many, many years after.


© 2019 Dee Cole


Author's Note

Dee Cole
"Morautian" is pronounced as "More aw she ann."

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 3, 2019
Last Updated on April 25, 2019
Tags: Magic, Fantasy, Action, Beast, Monster, Rebellion, Rebels, Empire


Author

Dee Cole
Dee Cole

TN



About
I'm a writer looking to grow and learn more about my writing style. more..

Writing
Putrid. Putrid.

A Poem by Dee Cole


Interval one. Interval one.

A Chapter by Dee Cole