Interval one.

Interval one.

A Chapter by Dee Cole

A burning legend from a burning lady, delivered in a dream.
To save the light, and make wrongs right, cut away the seams.
A tale of old, of legends untold, the terrors in the night still roam.
But when all is said, and all is done, your guiding light will be brought home.


She awoke from her fitful slumber. Nights like these were always full of fitful sleep containing half completed dreams.
The howling had stopped outside the cabin, but she was unsure whether she was safe yet. She was unsure whether she would ever feel safe again.

"Maybe we'll just die out here," she thought, "It's a miracle we've made it this far."

She thought this, yet she could not help but feel hopeful.
There are many stories and tall tales across Morauti, each more ridiculous than the last, but this one she had heard many times; Her mother would always read it to her as she tucked her into bed, but she could no longer remember the rest.
Apparently it was written by some prophet to describe his experiences many years ago.
"None of that really matters anymore does it?"
Kaya thought, "It's getting light out, dangerous or not, I should wake Tora and leave before any wandering soldiers decide to get drunk and stay the night."

So they set out to find a future or to forge one with their own hands.

In time they will learn not to regret what they did to survive, but, simply to accept it as a part of them now.

Thus, they made their way through the woods, not yet knowing what lies ahead.


© 2019 Dee Cole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Boe
I need more! Such nice writing!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Dee Cole

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your review! I'll mention here that chapter 2 is well on it's way. Chapter 2 will be a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 12, 2019
Last Updated on May 9, 2019
Tags: Magic, Fantasy, Action, Beast, Monster, Rebellion, Rebels, Empire


Author

Dee Cole
Dee Cole

TN



About
I'm a writer looking to grow and learn more about my writing style. more..

Writing
Putrid. Putrid.

A Poem by Dee Cole