Interval two: Past

Interval two: Past

A Chapter by Dee Cole
"

Kaya dreams of her distant past.

"
Kaya lay on the ground, drifting off to sleep, staring at the stars. She had remembered something, and so she dreamed of it. Her memories always held a special spot in her dreams, at the very end, just as the light of the sun touched her face, she would dream of days passed, and remember things unsettling.
This time she dreamed of a forest, and a light in the sky. A fiery light, the color of a ruby, seeming to scorch the sky as it blazed. Her scales itched, her horns and quills tingled, and her eyes smarted. It had called to her on that dreary night, and she felt as though she might float away. But her parents soon noticed she was no longer in bed and had come out of their small cottage in the wilderness to retrieve her, only to be met with a scene unlike any other.
They had carried her inside that night like the void-beast its self was on their tail. She would come to wonder why they had not come out to join that wonderful light in the sky with her.
After that night, those who would come to know her would say she had changed.
She seemed different, somehow, they would say.
They would say her eyes held the color of that scarlet sky.



© 2019 Dee Cole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 23, 2019
Last Updated on April 25, 2019
Tags: Magic, Fantasy, Action, Beast, Monster, Rebellion, Rebels, Empire


Author

Dee Cole
Dee Cole

TN



About
I'm a writer looking to grow and learn more about my writing style. more..

Writing
Putrid. Putrid.

A Poem by Dee Cole