From the Dead

From the Dead

A Story by Rampant Reclaimer
"

A portion of my newest project (name pending) - Scarlet "Burgundy" Marexx drowns in her solitude before she is confronted by Mini, a rouge entity from the Spirit World.

"
     I was once a peaceful and loving human being, but I have since become a vital piece to the puzzle beginning with the tragic death of my mate and the inheritance of his destiny.

    
Burgundy knelt before her mate's ornate riverside tomb ... many tears fell from her eyes, and many more followed. All that had once been 'normal' was again corrupted as a great war had just begun. She knew that. And she was also aware of a deadly presence near her.

"I am thee who feasts, thee who corrupts, thee who knows!"

"
I know who you are," Burgundy replied coldly.

"Will you not turn to face me? Will you choose not to gaze upon this machine?"

"
I've seen worse."

"You have seen nothing yet. A great force is nearly upon you ... and I am here to make an offer. Whether or not you listen is out of even my control."

"
I know of this force," Burgundy stood up from her kneeling position yet remained facing away from the entity, "I know what I must do ... and I do not need a confrontation from an enemy of my forefathers."

"I wish to set aside our differences and confront this new threat together. So I will offer my peace as well as my forgiveness for the extermination of our common enemy."

Burgundy finally turned to face the entity, "Do you not know who has sanctioned this new threat? Do you not know of anything? Well I will let you know that I am rampant as well. I have been turned against by my own king because of that, and I am about to be attacked by every sentient creature in the universe!" Burgundy's gaze fell to the sand below her, "maybe we are alike after all."

"I only wish to help you ... I will feast on everything but you, my dearest Scarlet. And in return we shall stay allied equally even after the war is over ... this is all I ask."

Burgundy slowly lifted her head to connect her eyes with his ... in his ornate retinas she perceived her long lost mate, and she spoke, "I accept."

© 2012 Rampant Reclaimer


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Rampant Reclaimer
Wrote this straight from thoughts on my new project. It is rough. This a major event in the upcoming project. Artwork was done by Mutantwombat on deviant art.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on June 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012
Tags: spiritual, god, awesome, sci-fi, woman, fire, red, green, karma, rage

Author

Rampant Reclaimer
Rampant Reclaimer

Portola, CA



About
I am 17 years old, I have serious anger and depression issues, and my outlet to these issues is writing. I've been writing ever since I could use a pencil and now I am damn good at it. ... Oh and I lo.. more..

Writing