Two Sisters

Two Sisters

A Poem by Dee Williams
"

Words could never show how much this means to me. My sister is my best friend, my mentor and my inspiration. She was without a doubt in my mind and heart when I wrote this.

"

Two Sisters 

Two separate paths

One heads North for city lights so bright

One heads South for rolling hills of green

The city sister, entranced by neon lights, loud sounds and drinks of plenty says "Thirtsy I am, for the company of many and materials of multitude!"

The country sister, relaxed by streams shining, hills so lush and green, and a summer breeze light and gentle says "Relaxed, at peace and content I am"

The years pass by, one turning to two turning to three..The sisters spoke not

The city sister, now tired and aged says "Thirsty I am, for the company of many and material of multitude. Though the company of none I have and material, beautiful as it may be is losing its allure."

The country sister, as happy as ever still says " Relaxed, at peace and content I am"

The years pass by three turning to four turning to five..Still the sisters spoke not

The city sister, exhausted, britly aged and sick beyond repair now says "Tired I am, Ive thirsted for so long for company of many and material of multitude. Now all I thirst for is the company of one. But to her I've not spoken, will she come to me now?"

The country sister, ageless, basking in perfect health says " Distressed, no longer peaceful nor content am I. The company of many and material of multitude she sought took my dear sister to the furthest reaches, now the love and bond so endless closes that distance with much haist. To her I must go."

No years pass, but one day instead..

The city sister, withering to nothing more then a memory says "My simple sister, youve aged none, you glow with peace even still, tell me how have you done it?"

The country sister, broken and dieng inside looking at her sister this way  says, "My dear, complicated sister, you've thirsted for the company of many and material of multitude, while I drank not. I sipped and tasted of all the glory and beauty of simplicity."

The days pass one turning to two turning to three.. The sisters spoke endlessly

The city sister, feeling the end decending, quickly says, "Sister, though simple and plain the life you've lived, I myself wish I had chosen. I am leaving you now, and for that I am sorry. The distance that will seperate, vast as it will be, will never be enough to lose my love. You've brought peace to me sister, and now I thirst, for quiet, peace and sleep."

The country sister, in great pain and completely lost says, "Then sleep you must," she grabs her sisters hand, "Your love, I will forever feel, as you will mine. Though complicated your life, I myself wish I had atleast seen once. I will find you again dear one, then and only then will I be relaxed, at peace and content."

No sooner then the country sister had finished speaking, did the city sister smile and breathe one ragid last breathe. Gone was the city sister and gone was the country sisters heart with her.

The years pass by, five turning to six turning to seven..

The country sister sits alone, on a hill of green, while a light breeze blows through her hair. She knows it holds no point, but everyday she comes here and talks sometimes, for hours to her city sister she lost so long ago. Today she says "Sister, how many moons must pass? how many suns must burn until I come home to you? Distressed, no longer peaceful nor content am I. I'm lost without you. I never believed you'd leave me here alone. Yet here I sit and gone you are. Please, the distance so vast must have lost your love, because I feel no happiness, no love, just empty never ending pain."

The country sister sobs, every day and every night. Alone she sits on hills of green, sending messages of love and lonliness to a sister who can never answer. Though she knows this, still she goes, still she speaks, still she cries, for reasons no one knows, she just must.


© 2012 Dee Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 10, 2012