Barry the hatchet!

Barry the hatchet!

A Story by Writer Boyer
"

When i was little the first scar i ever got was from a hatchet. This is that story of how it happened.

"

2 years old how many 2 year olds get curious enough to pick up a hatchet?  I don’t know of any other then myself.  First scare I ever got was from that hatchet my life went down hill after that, I always injured myself when I was little after that.

            My dad would pick the hatchet up and slam it down again to chop the wood I knew this cause every time he went to split the wood in the basement I was there to watch, the sound of that clash the whoosh noise in the air and the wood hitting the floor.  The sounds I loved the sounds I thought where amazing.  The wood box in the basement had a little basement window above it that we could open from the inside or outside and put the wood from the wood stack threw the little window and let it drop into the bin.  Then my dad could pick a piece out and chop it up into fire wood.

            I would walk on the wood with bare feet and my dad would yell at me to get down off of it afraid the wood would shift and fall and I would get hurt or worse killed from the wood falling on me or smashing my head on the side of the big man made bin.  After that he would tell my sister she had to watch me she had to keep a close eye on me and she HAD to make sure I didn’t hurt myself.  That day my dad was at work, my mom was sleeping, cause she got home late from work, and my sister was in her room, it was in the basement.  I was watching TV and then I thought, wait dad’s not home I could try and chop wood! So I got up and went down stairs and played around the exercise equipment.  Then got a popsicle from the freezer, making myself all innocent to my sister who wasn’t even paying attention in her room doing homework or watching TV.

So then when I finished the popsicle I looked at the hatchet then decided that I would try to pick it up to be like my dad.  So I went over to it rocked it back and forth to get it out of the block.  And when it finally got out I gripped the handle with my little hands and picked it up. The blade was facing me directly over my head I felt like I had triumph like I won what I had achieved.  Then I got weaker holding it and started to lose my balance on my feet and dropped the hatchet.  What should have dropped and hit me in the head and down my face bounced off my leg… Just hit my leg nothing else.

I didn’t even realize it hit my leg I was so worried that my sister heard the head of the hatchet hit the floor that I picked it up again and tried to put it back the way I found it.  Being to weak I laid the head of the hatchet on the block and started walking away hoping to get away with it.  I suddenly felt something, something that felt free like something was falling down my leg with the small breeze that would hit my leg when I was walking.  I looked down to see in the middle of my leg was this blood flowing down the side of my leg almost to my foot.

Now most kids would see that and start balling their eyes out, but I didn’t, I looked at it and then went to my sisters room door and said “sissy” like I was in trouble. When she whipped her head around and looked at me she yelled “What!” then saw my leg and the blood that was almost onto the floor and freaked.  Yelling “Oh My God!” she ran three steps and scooped me up then ran up the basement stairs and into the kitchen then slammed my a*s on the counter.  I hit so hard I started to ball feeling like my butt had shattered.  She started yelling for my mom and when she came out all I heard was “Makala hurt herself!” so she came barreling down the stairs to the kitchen where I was.  She looked at my leg and cleaned up the blood and put a bandage over it.  I didn’t ever touch the hatchet again…till I was 6.

© 2013 Writer Boyer


Author's Note

Writer Boyer
This is a ture story. It was a class assignment and thought it would be a good piece for people to read and just think "man, this chick is lucky to be alive" or "wow this girl is nuts to do that!" It seems to be the normal reaction i get to this, so that's what i'm going off from. I just really thought it would be a good little true story for people to read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha. The ending is great. The entire story is good too. It has a great hook to start it off, and keeps us interested throughout. I saw quite a few grammer mistakes though. But that can be fixed. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2013
Last Updated on March 27, 2013

Author

Writer Boyer
Writer Boyer

no need for you to know, ME



About
I enjoy writing, i free write stories and poems mostly. I apparently write really dark, deep poems. I never really thought that i did but i've been told i do, i just use thoughts that i have from lo.. more..

Writing