Addiction

Addiction

A Story by Deje

On April 26th around 10pm I almost lost the love of my life to drug overdose. 

He was almost a year clean before relapsing last month due to doctors prescribing him hydrocodone for pain that could have been treated with non-naroctic pain killers. He was scared to tell me because he didn't want to disappoint me. 
Yes I was disappointed but I was also supportive enough to help him find ways to get clean again. We talked the day before about going to a clinic to get him help. The day of the overdose I took him to clinic and the clinic was not taking any patients. Few hours later he went and got some pills. He didn't know they were laced with fentanyl and he took some. I was on FaceTime with him when he nodded off and became unresponsive. I called his mom and she found him overdosing... coughing with foam coming out his mouth. By the time I got to his house they were able to bring him back. I almost lost the love of my life to a dumb a*s that decided to sell fentanyl covered pills to an amazing person who has a history of drug abuse.

During the whole incident I was in shock, numb couldn't react to anything. But today I felt it all. I keep getting flashbacks of the situation and I find myself having bad anxiety and crying. 

I am thankful to god that he gave my love a second chance at life. A second chance to do better and be better so we don't ever have to go through this again.  

Drug addiction is real and those who sell drugs to others knowing that the drugs are laced deserve to be punished whether it's by God or by the law. No one deserves to go through what we went through last night and I pray and hope that every addict finds a reason to recover because this life is short and beautiful and they should make the best of it in a positive way before it's too late. 

© 2021 Deje


Author's Note

Deje
This was not a cry for sympathy but just a venting piece because I do not have anyone to talk to about what happened.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on April 28, 2021
Last Updated on April 28, 2021
Tags: addiction, love, family, health, drugs, story, life

Author

Deje
Deje

LaVergne , TN



About
I am a college student studying biology who expresses herself through writing. more..

Writing
Relapse Relapse

A Story by Deje


600 Mile Crush 600 Mile Crush

A Story by Deje


Fell Fell

A Poem by Deje