Heartbreak headache

Heartbreak headache

A Poem by Absentee Reality Check
"

when your heartbreaks it all seems to hurt

"

Hugging myself deep inside

Trying to hold in the hurt I’ll have to hide

Not wanting you to see how it makes me want to cry.

How did it get here? How did we get to this?

What could I have changed? What did I miss?

Did you really let me know how you felt, or did you just play me?

These tears of mine, they’re yours. It’s complicated you see,

I love you and want to make this right, but I haven’t done anything wrong.

I feel angry and betrayed, the emotional wounds you caused, must have been there all along

Stop! Don’t close your eyes to this, see the stinging tears in my eyes

Do you even feel guilty for putting them there? No? I’m not surprised.

Not anymore. You looked at me like I had committed some crimes

and then told me you’d still love me for all time.

 I’m sick and tired of all the contradictions.

 the sound of confusion deafens and I wonder if you even listened to me or was the person I though you were just pure fiction?

I don’t want to hear all you false reasons.

Just let me know when my heart’s not in season

And I’ll think about giving you another chance to explain.

Don’t forget though I want the truth don’t just feign

 forgiveness to make it all alright, those types of lies drive me insane,

You are really giving me an heartache migraine.

Keep everyone else out of this fight, it’s between you and me, it’s yours and mine

Don’t try and pretend that we’re both fine,

You want me to? Well, I decline

Two hearts got hurt this time,

Once you were my lifeline,

Now you’re as deadly to me as strychnine.

What can we do now?

Can you tell how we fix this, can you tell me how?

Is there some sort of relationship medication we can try,

 Or should I keep asking you why?

Why are we arguing? Why are you so mad?

Why didn’t you just tell me? Why can’t you see I’m sad?

I’m mourning the past while it’s still the present,

 You have destroyed me with your judgment,

 You want to know why?

 Because I was dumb and let you in,

I trusted you and you betrayed me and tried to fix it with a grin,

Sorry but that won’t cut with me so I’ll sit here and sob until you finally see.  

 

© 2008 Absentee Reality Check


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. An absolutely amazing poem. All the confusion of heartache thrown onto paper and yet you still took the time to style it and even let it rhyme. Absolutely astonishing. I have personally been in your position, and understanding exactly what it took for you to put this down is mind blowing. I don't know how long it might have taken you to write it, but regardless, putting so much care into a poem that screams your pain shows a personal strength that I have yet to see outside of myself, perhaps I just need to read more poetry like yours. You are an amazing poet and quite obviously an amazing person. You obviously don't need whomever it was that caused you this pain. Amazing Poem. Keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So much emotion in this piece...
Beautifully written and expressed
Ty for entering!

Lynda

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow. An absolutely amazing poem. All the confusion of heartache thrown onto paper and yet you still took the time to style it and even let it rhyme. Absolutely astonishing. I have personally been in your position, and understanding exactly what it took for you to put this down is mind blowing. I don't know how long it might have taken you to write it, but regardless, putting so much care into a poem that screams your pain shows a personal strength that I have yet to see outside of myself, perhaps I just need to read more poetry like yours. You are an amazing poet and quite obviously an amazing person. You obviously don't need whomever it was that caused you this pain. Amazing Poem. Keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i'm back!
this was really intense- i could really feel the emotion and it had a distinct voice that made it believable and let it sort of...suck you in :) not to mention i can really connect to the feelings. the rhymes would normally detract from a sharp, angsty piece like this, but you made it work splendidly! and strychnine...i think i know where you got that one, yes? ah, the joys of theatre! i really enjoyed this piece. still going strong :) and sorry i said "really" so many times...

Posted 15 Years Ago


I thought it was lovely and it was written like you would say it to that person but it rhymed which was amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This could be a page in my journal. I love the emotion. It is no nonsense this is how I feel and you are going to shut up and listen. Your words and flow are so natural. Thank you for entering it in my contest :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

661 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2008

Author

Absentee Reality Check
Absentee Reality Check

VA



About
MyMottos- how i live my life " The Bible Contains six admonismanet to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonisments to heterosexuals.That dosen't mean God dosen't love heterosexuals, he ju.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..