Psψch☣tic - Prologue

Psψch☣tic - Prologue

A Story by Nyssa Nyx
"

After the start of World War III, it became a race to protect our nation from harm...but at what cost?

"

Pathogen #723, a deadly bio-weapon that was in production for military use. With the start of World War III brought about the need for new, innovative ways to protect ourselves. That’s when the experiments began. A scientific search for a virus that could infect the enemy and turn them all against one another. With the right resources, we could even use those mindless soldiers to attack other rival nations. They’d be expendable by that  point anyways. But to get to this point, there would need to be test subjects...no, test victims. Disposable life that serves only to benefit those that are deemed as important or precious, those that hold a rank in society, those that are not poor, easily forgotten civilians. The chosen victims were hoarded in droves to labs scattered about the U.S., hardly given the time to bid farewells or prepare for their demise. Women and children were separated from their fathers, brothers, and husbands, all moved to age and gender specific labs. One lucky reporter, a man in his early twenties, was able to escape from a laboratory with the help of his elder co-worker. News of the torment the victims suffered spread across the country, and it was a race for the civilians to leave the country, or to hide until the madness was over. Suddenly, being murdered by the enemy seemed gracious compared to aiding pathogenic research. Unfortunately, pathogen #723, a parasite known as Psi, was accidentally released in a hospital where testing was taking place. Shutters sealed the hospital away and left the people inside to go mad, clawing their eyes out and bashing their heads against the walls. And finally, when their minds were completely consumed by the parasite, they feasted on any living being that moved. The hospital became a bloodbath, however, many test subjects still remained alive. But how long could they survive in this living hell?

I am Zander Cartwright, subject
"16042. I am one of those surviving victims.

© 2016 Nyssa Nyx


Author's Note

Nyssa Nyx
Yeah, just the prologue.

I don't know how long the story is going to be yet (I'm still working on it right now), but I decided to go ahead and post this on here because...why not? All the same, I hope you enjoyed this and look forward to reading the full short story when I finish it :)

Also, idk why Zander's number keeps showing up as "16042. It's supposed to be DELTA16042. (This specific laboratory is the men's Delta ward) The letter for it won't show up for some reason and I apologize.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on January 30, 2016
Last Updated on January 31, 2016
Tags: parasite, pathogen, prologue

Author

Nyssa Nyx
Nyssa Nyx

About
Writer of random crap that comes to my head. Currently affected by Writer's Bleck. All art posted on this account is my own~ --Eternally in writer's block Hell --Slowly coming back maybe .. more..

Writing