PARAMNESIA

PARAMNESIA

A Poem by Dennis Shanaberg

Parasitic pipe dreams
Are worn out waking schemes.
Restless entities
All daydream, sleep walking.
My focus always falters.
Nightmares ever loom.
End this itchy insomnia,
So I might waken to my doom.
Indecipherable symbology
And shadows of suns consuming me.

© 2020 Dennis Shanaberg


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have been having bad dreams an bad thoughts. So I quit paying attention to the election. I liked how you used the description. Allowed the reader to feel your words and your thoughts. Thank you Dennis for sharing your words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


dark and emotive .. universal .. we all have bad days eh!? ;) catchy title .. our memories so easily distorted .. in waking life your protagonist is almost phsychotic... the contrasts of insomnia and waken ...and shadows of suns ... form me emote depression as well ... with all this covid crap continuing .. i am sure we will see studies related to this self imposed "isolation" ... Paramnesia has got me thinking, Dennis!
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


This feels like the kind of dark mood that sneaks up on you, but you can't figure out what is causing it. In my belief system, I imagine that someone I have a connection with somewhere has a good reason to feel gloomy, and I tap into that to try and figure out why. Recently, I traced the cause to a birthday of someone I know who is divorced. Breakups and death can make one's own birthday, the birthday of loved ones, or other holidays a source of pain because all you want to do is to spend it with a special person who is no longer in your life. At least, that's what I think of when I read this poem.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2020
Last Updated on September 28, 2020

Author

Dennis Shanaberg
Dennis Shanaberg

Mentor, OH



About
About my Life… It’s a preface far too long For anyone to read. It’s growing longer everyday. Filled with love and laughter, life and greed. more..

Writing