Review, Critique, or Praise? We like Praise!

Review, Critique, or Praise? We like Praise!

A Poem by Denham Cole
"

writerscafe and the art of so called "reviews"

"

 

A remarkable creature is the chocolate star fish. It lives on the other side: the exotic side of the island. I paddle around in sunny leisure on the raft of my tongue and am endeared to make a study of its climes, exclusive habitat, its flowering into courtship with the rising tide of flattery. And with inspired fascination I make deeper exploration in through the dark ridges encircling the fissure and long narrow opening where the chocolate star fish always descends. I like to track it. I spit in my goggles and blow the snorkel free, then sink in through the crack with flippers on my tongue, kicking slowly on in. Submerging into the deep surge of those peristaltic currents from which I derive an ocean of wicked wealth, I arrive at all the obliterated realizations of belonging.

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Denham Cole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice nice. I loved reviews, constructive criticisms and of course a praise. Little flattery can motivate/encourage someone.
Thanks.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It reminds me of the opening paragraph in Lolita in which Humbert Humbert savours his beloved's name as it is sounded by his tongue and teeth. A trip of three steps to tap on three, or whatever...Ah, what reviewer, critic or praiser won't reed these words without feeling some pang of pain. Not, if they are being entirely honest that is. But the point is we wish to belong, and being too honest leaves us out in the cold. Or, at least that is what we image. Am I saying we?

Posted 10 Years Ago


great verbiage logic. It's all in the details and the excretions...

but seriously, nice lampoon.

Posted 10 Years Ago


hah, I like this, witty, vivid and unexpected. Very well scatched....

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
5 Reviews
Added on May 17, 2013
Last Updated on May 17, 2013
Tags: writerscafe, reviews

Author

Denham Cole
Denham Cole

About
I write only for you, café. Only you. more..

Writing
Malena Malena

A Poem by Denham Cole