Anything goes

Anything goes

A Story by Abd-afeez
"

a romantic flash

"

I was starting to hate myself, why there should be so much conflict under my simplicity i don't understand. I knew i'll need to make more sacrifice for her, she needed more connection, more presence, more romance, and more others. However i was naturally not the more type, i'm the type that gives the averages in special ways. This morning wasn't different, i just recieved a text claiming she is disappointed at my forgetting her cousin's birthday. It was a ridiculous text to me but i had just take the blame. Atleast its what she'll be pleased with. Her cousin however was someone i really shouldn't have missed her birthday, not because she is my girlfriend's cousin but because i met my girlfriend through her. I reminisce about that sweet day, it was wonderful, i had visited aminat at her hostel in school like i sometimes did. Luckily for me, it was the same day her cousin paid her a visit. She wore velvety pink gown, it was tapered fancifully to flowery rumps at the top, she topped it with a pink leather shoe and quite ornates jewelries. She poised on her bed with one exquisite ebony graciousness, i loved what i saw, but little did i know i'ld be charmed more. She, like she was already waiting for me, got attracted to me. She opened up to me with a rare jauntiness that opened up my heart towards her. She was ravishing and have a plausible manner, not exempting her delicate astuteness. I noticed after that day i never got over her and i had to talk to aminat to honour me with her number. The rest was history.

I found myself guilty of missing such important date, i and aminat are still good friends and i'll need to call her, apologize and promise to hand her my late gift anyway.


I picked up my phone, replied my nagging girlfriend and afterwards put a call through to aminat.

Girls are delicate and childish, a conclusion i made from the almost splitted wiriness that holds their emotions, they could break up any moment and be glowery, testy, or sometimes be strangely exultant; which is what happened that evening.

After i made that call i found the comfort of my bath tub and invigorated myself in a bath. I dressed myself and got set for an antique shop. Aminat is classed enough not to be beguiled with petties, mind you, i have no sceptical mind about the gift. To me its just to make up for missing a great friend birthday. I checked my phone, hoping i'll get a reply from mariam, i was a bit disappointed, my girl replies texts on time. As i pressured my door knob to make my exit i was startled by a knock.

'Yes! Who is it?' i noticed the rattle in my voice. I was not fully over the knock's shock.

'open this door before....' there were giggles.

I recognised aminat voice and mariam's laughter.

' wow!' My now normal voice said as i opened the door for the duo. With what they held in hand someone must be celebrating a birthday.

After all yesterday was not aminat's birthday, its today and the little get together arranged was to be in my apartment.

I felt like a fool amidst the two's dry suprise, but that feeling was good, i love their teenage frenzy, their spark and zeal. I excused them for a while, while i get the present they prepare for the guest. I returned to a wonderful get together. It was wonderful, wish you were there. I handed aminat, her present. I knew she wouldn't appreciate it yet, not untill she opened it. She asked me, i told her nothing. The next morning, her thank you message was exactly what woke me. She liked it obviously.

© 2012 Abd-afeez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice one. Don't be surprised by the type of wine you drink out of ladies' chalice. That's how it's meant to be. Thank God for your life

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abd-afeez

11 Years Ago

Alright! i'm gonna check it out.
hayzed

11 Years Ago

I'll be glad.
Abd-afeez

11 Years Ago

done

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012
Tags: birthday, love, special

Author

Abd-afeez
Abd-afeez

Ibadan, Nigeria



About
Am just so creative and prolific. Am from south western nigeria. And am currently studying biochemistry. i really love the science world. Here you see a piece of ink on paper and on it you see result .. more..

Writing