A moment with santa

A moment with santa

A Poem by Abd-afeez
"

My season's piece. Merry christmass everyone.

"
A multiple affair rose me from bed.
Blending sounds emitting from sources that meant well.
Their best only fetched failure.
The wind rustled and fought my window like a royal rumble.
All; a morning puzzle that am so sleepy not to tumble into.
But its persistence caused a daze that got on my nerves.
Anger and wind, they are two of a kind. So hard to fight.
Character and nature, they are woven by god.
With the bond of blessing from above.
The combo be a force, such that could get me off my bed.
At the window.... the world ahead, a beauty with no flaws.
The season's lot of decorative abundance.
And the snow! The angelic symbol of heavenly shower upon us.
Christmas is tomorrow, the big day to remember the year's grace.
A quick remembrance of our dirty old ways.
Where our bins are filled with our daily spills.
And our lawns mount extra inches of grasses.
And dirt be the best friend of our lot.
All gone! Followed the smoke of the season's burn up.
A trace that varnished into the air and couldn't be smelled.
Christmas light, christmas tree; a shine and a green, Beauty and peace. Orderly placed in every home.
And the harmony and happiness floating, busting up in bubbles within individual being.
The holy torch that lit inside the heart of all being.
The great feeling of god's presence.
The sense of reminiscence with god. And the.......
Then a face appeared in my face. A white beard, so much red trace. A nose, a blinking eyes, a..
In those few moments, i lost common sense.
But its only santa and he said 'merry christmass'- funny but well said.
Through the glass i can see him clear.
He dropped my gift out there.
This i kept to open after christmas merry.
In it was an orb, in which lies the beauty i always dreamt off.
It was like santa read my mind.

© 2011 Abd-afeez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh this is lovely, lovely!

You've written about so many aspects of Christmas, plus our world and how human beings abuse it .. about the beauty, fun and warmth of the season. I truly congratulate you on putting such wonderful thoughts and feelings together.

Your use of English is fine, so fine .. and is obviously becoming easier to use.

Kudos, my friend. I'm going to ask some of my friends to review this post and am sure they'll fully appreciate it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The Christmas spirit, well detailed, A moment with Santa, perfect title. I love it. God Bless

Posted 14 Years Ago


A unique write- truely wonderfull and captures the essence of christmas.
Brilliant english and grammer, I have to say, and it can come as a breath of fresh air in writer's sites.
Your imagery is awesome as well. Keep it up and i look foward to reading more of your great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great work buddy!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful imagery in this heart-warming piece...nicely done

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great description here. A great look at the different sides of the season...and a glimpse of Santa too! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome!!!! thats really a very beautiful poem....its my pleasure to read this... thank you for sharing it........

Posted 14 Years Ago


This covers so many aspects of Christmas, as well as observations re wind and anger etc. I like that analogy and the imagery you have used in this write. A unique and lovely seasonal write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You write with such a depth here, "Anger and wind, they are two of a kind. So hard to fight," as well as joy, "And the snow! The angelic symbol of heavenly shower upon us." Your imagery in poignant and enchanted. What a wonderful, lifting piece!


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
First off.. Season's Greetings. Hope you have a nice xmas and new year.
You're poems are so much better than mine that i feel that reviewing them on my part would be wrong.

I like the way this poem reminds me of Christmas and why i love it. It weaves fantasy and reality very beautifully !! We should uphold our virtues of love and kindness not only on Christmas but everyday !! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2009
Last Updated on December 20, 2011

Author

Abd-afeez
Abd-afeez

Ibadan, Nigeria



About
Am just so creative and prolific. Am from south western nigeria. And am currently studying biochemistry. i really love the science world. Here you see a piece of ink on paper and on it you see result .. more..

Writing