home

home

A Story by janxedge
"

inspired by the band La Dispute

"

HOME

A classic afternoon: summertime, dizzy mood 
The birds, they should be singing, but they're not, 'cause there's something wrong. It should be october, maybe february, I don't know, the only thing I can say that time is passing way too slow. 
Every time the sun finds its way into my room is like a miracle, angels fighting the dark and they're winning, they really are. I spend most of my time thinking about the end or the start, I don't even know if I ever got answers to my questions but the questioning is the important part. 
My stomach crumbles but I don't feel like eating, I open the window and take a deep breath of fresh air, vitalizing and refreshing feeling.
Beautiful world, sunny day, still hungry. So I leave my room, entering the hallway. As the sunrays find they their way through the shutter I rest for a moment, surrounded by warm and heavy air, dusty waves of air are slowly flowing to the old wooden floor. 
Every step my feet ask for the permission to take another step and the floorboards answer in a creaking manner. This house must be really old so walking down the hallway is like talking to an old man who's been living for more than two centuries. End of conversation. Climbing down the stairs without making any noise is like trying to live without breathing, I still try it, maybe just to feel alive. Why do I even care, it's nobody in the house anyway.
I get to the living room, it still looks like yesterday when I left. A mix of ordinary objects all over the room, on tables, shelves and the comfy, old couch. Books older than myself resting on the shelf, some on their back, some categorized and put in a logical order. A book binded in red leather catches my sight, bold golden letters decorate its back, they say "Life is a task". The previous owners must have difficulties in mastering this task, the leather is dull from the many times desperate souls searched for advice. I leave, the scenery untouched, entering the bathroom, getting ready for another evening in the city. Getting rid of my clothes, that's how a butterfly must feel when he emerges from his cocoon. Entering the shower now.
Thousands of waterdrops drum on my head and I start slowly moving to the flow. I almost feel like being baptized, I feel like starting something new, I feel like planting a tree. I feel like... Let's get out of the shower. I put my clothes on, nothing spectacular, I don't want to be noticed tonight, I want to dive into the ocean of people, being one with them, no one will be alone. 
Time to leave, time to greet the citylights, time to rush relentlessly through the night. 
Goodbye sweet home, you'll have me back in no time

© 2015 janxedge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on July 6, 2015
Last Updated on July 6, 2015
Tags: la dispute, summer, dizzy

Author

janxedge
janxedge

Germany



About
20 year old sometimes happy often sad always honest more..

Writing