Something New (Writers Block pt 1)

Something New (Writers Block pt 1)

A Story by A LaDy NaMeD D
"

every writer has had it at least once in their whole writing career. Other's more than that well, i wrote something good that comes from having writers block.

"

           She sat at her desk with a black ball point pen in her hand positioned over a blank page in her brand new purple one hundred and fifty page spiral notebook. After time passed and she had still acomplished nothing but staring at the blank lined page, she stuck the back of the pen in her mouth and began to chew on it as if doing so would help her think of something to write. Her blank facial expression slowly turned into one of pure frustration.

 

          Just seconds beofre she had decided to sit down the ideas were tumbling in and out of her forever creative mind. Yet now no words came out. No thoughts about the story that just two minutes ago consumed her brain remained. Running her fingers through long thick brown hair, and idea suddenly popped into her head.

 

         How many days, nights, and afternoons even, had the phenomeon known to writer's as writers block plagued her. How many hours has she spend in this same predicament only to produce something unworthy of attention or even worse...nothing? And even more thought provoking, how many other writers had this happened to? Slowly she took the pen out of her mouth and pulled the spiral notebook closer to her. She got in her comfortable writing position ( notebook turned at an angle), and began writing this...

© 2008 A LaDy NaMeD D


Author's Note

A LaDy NaMeD D
if someone has already noted on grammer issues then you need not repeat them. And if you note a grammer issue, don't tell me i have one...point out where etc. Tell me what you think of this, it kinda just popped into my head so i haven't revised it or anything. Do i need to work on anything..etc what can i do to improve this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good. I have to say, there were many, MANY times that I have been stuge with the block. I just sat at my desk, waiting for the idead to pour smoothly out, but never came. So I can badly relate, lol. Those were times that I would force out the ideas, and they turned out to be the crappiest, you know what I mean?

Blabbery aside, good stuff as always.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think any one who has ever had physical contact with a writing utensil can relate to this story. I felt I was looking through a window, watching this girltry to overcome writers block. I also found the ending to be interesting. I've never read a story that ended with a main character writing the story I just read. I'm assuming the part where you wrote "She got in her comfortable writing position ( notebook turned at an angle), and began writing this...", means she's writing the above story. That's an intersting concept.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It just really isn't that interesting to me. The grammar's good though. So congrats on a grammar, I guess.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There isn't a writer who hasn't been stricken with "the block", and there is scarecely a writer who hasn't written about it. It helps one to get over it.

A very well crafted story, I didn't notice any grammar misusages or typos. It really has a professional finish to it.

You did have an elipses in there and I don't know if that was used right or not as I am just beginning to study them myself. Overall a very well crafted piece and hopefully it helped you get over your block (:

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2008
Last Updated on July 31, 2008

Author

A LaDy NaMeD D
A LaDy NaMeD D

Smithfield, VA



About
HI!!!! It's been a LONG time and a lot has changed. I think the only thing that hasn't changed is my want to be a published author. I typically write erotica, but i'm know to dibble and dabble in .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..