Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by A LaDy NaMeD D
"

the plot thickens

"

 

 
 Zoelle sighed as she finished the last of her chemistry homework. She was pretty sure that most of the answers were wrong, but at least she did it. Standing up she walked out on her balcony and looked up at the moon. It was beautiful against the night sky, and had events that happened the previous night, not transpired she would have made a trip to the lake. Now, she was a little more cautious. She put a hand on her forehead and sighed, she would also listen to what her grandmother said.
                “Well, not everything,” She whispered to herself with a grin on her face.
                “You know,” started a familiar voice behind her, “People will think you have gone mad if they see you out here talking to yourself.”
                Zoelle turned around and shrugged the smile still on her face, “Most people wouldn’t be on my balcony at night.”
                Taking a step closer to her Jason replied, “Good thing I’m not a person.”
               
                Ryan and Jade walked into Starbucks laughing so hard their stomachs started to hurt. Ryan pulled out the chair for Jade and waited for her to sit down before he took the seat across from her. As they sat down Jade noticed one of the cashiers staring over at them with an unreadable expression on her face. The girl was short with fiery red hair and icy blue eyes. Her pale skin looked weird compared to her Starbucks uniform, and Jade felt something was off with her. Ryan cleared his throat and Jade turned her attention back to him.
                “What was that?” Jade asked with a raised brow.
                “I said I had fun tonight, did you?”
Jade studied him closely before smiling.
                “You know, you’re the first guy I’ve been out on a date with in a long time. I’m glad it was you though, it’s refreshing.” Jade said slowly.
                Ryan grinned and said, “Refreshing huh? You’re the first girl I’ve been on a date with in a long time also. It’s nice to be out with someone can have an intelligent conversation with.”
                “Oh the girls where you are from aren’t intelligent?” Jade asked with a raised brow.
                Ryan shrugged and said, “I would say all that, the intelligent ones did as I did, and left. The only thing the other females of my tribe had on their minds was getting married.”
                Jade raised a brow and asked, “Where are you from anyways.”
                Ryan was about to answer that when Jade’s ringtone started playing. Jade looked at her phone and then at him with an apologetic expression on her face.
                “Sorry I have to take this, I’ll be right back.” Jade said slowly.
                Ryan nodded and said, “Go ahead.”
                Jade walked towards the bathroom to call the number back. She typed in an extension number, and a deep voice answered the phone.
                “Are you in the middle of something important?” He asked her sarcastically.
                Jade rolled her eyes and said, “You’re the one who preaches about keeping the organization a secret to the public. I was around a group of people, what’s going on Orion?”
                Orion paused and said, “The oracle has come into contact with an immortal. A vampire named Jason.”
                “Jason? That name sounds familiar.” Jade said slowly.
                Orion sighed and said, “Anyways the organization wants you to delete him.”
                “Okay, got that.” Jade said before hanging up and walking back towards the table.
                Ryan looked at her and asked, “Is everything alright?”
                Jade shook her head and said, “No, that was my mom, my grandfather is sick so she needs to go visit him. She wants me to go home and watch my sister. I want to go out with you again though.”
                “How about…tomorrow at six?”
                Jade smiled and then shrugged, “I’ll call you, and it depends on if my mom comes back or not.”
                “Okay, I’ll be waiting for your call.”
                Jade gave him a quick hug and rushed out of the store. Ryan folded his arms across his chest and leaned back in his chair.
                “There goes the night.” He said slowly before standing up.
                It was then he noticed the cashier staring at him with an odd expression on her face. Something about her seemed familiar and out of place at the same time. He took a long look at her before walking out of Starbucks.
 
                Zoelle sat down on the cool grass near the lake and watched as Jason looked around before sitting down.
                “So what exactly are you looking for?”
                Jason looked at her for a moment before saying, “I was seeing if any interruptions were near. For the moment there are none.”
                “So what’s your fascination with me? Am I your next victim or something?” Zoelle asked.
                Laughing Jason replied, “No, if I wanted your blood, I would’ve taken it. You have no idea who you are, do you?”
                “What do you mean?”
                “You’re an oracle.” Jason said bluntly.
                Zoelle looked at him with a confused expression on her face before asking, “Oracle?”
                Jason stood up and then said, “Yes, oracle. Someone who can see the past, future, and present.”
                “If I didn’t know what I know now, I would think you’re short a few marbles.” Zoelle said standing up and walking towards the tree.
                Jason let out a sigh and said, “So that’s how your grandmother has been dealing with it. She hasn’t told you.”
                “That I’m a psychic?”
                “No…you’re much more important. Much more powerful, more accurate.” Jason said slowly, “You hold the future to all species in your….”
                “My what?” Zoelle asked and then paused when she noticed she and Jason were not alone.
                Jade stepped out of the shadows and looked at Zoelle with a confused expression on her face, “What are you doing out this late, with him?”
                “Um, long story but I met him last night.” Zoelle said slowly.
                Jason moved a little bit closer to Zoelle and asked, “And who exactly would you be. No wait let me guess, you’re dressed like hunter.”
                Zoelle looked at Jade closely and noticed she was wearing an all black leather jumpsuit, with a sword strapped to her back. She had a holster around her waist with two guns in them and she was wearing black stiletto boots. Jade looked like she had walked straight out of the movie Underworld.
                “Maybe because I am…you must be Jason I’d advise you to walk away from my friend.” Jade said slowly watching him closely.
                Jason laughed and said, “Or you’ll do what?”
                Jade stepped closer to him and Zoelle looked at her puzzled, “I’m very confused.”
                “I’ll explain everything to you when I get rid of him,” Jade said unsheathing her katana and running towards him.
                Just as she was about to stab him, he grabbed her arm and flipped her on her back. Jade quickly jumped up on her feet and punched him in the face. Jason reacted by picking her up and throwing her against the old tree.
                “Stop it!” Zoelle yelled and Jason stopped and looked at her with a raised brow.
                Jade who had picked her sword back up said, “You should always pay attention to your opponent,” Before moving to stab him again.
                Jason quickly grabbed her wrist and she yelled out in pain as he squeezed it tightly until she dropped in on the ground. She glared up at him and he turned his head to Zoelle.
                “Now you were saying?”
                Zoelle walked over to him and said, “Let her go you’re hurting her.”
                Jason looked at Jade long and hard before releasing her and then looked at Zoelle, “Hurting her? She just tried to kill me.”
                “Yes she did, which means both of you have a lot of explaining to do.” Zoelle said with her hands on her hips.
                “Let me,” said a male voice from behind her.
                She turned around to see a figure leaning against the old tree, his face and body hidden in the shadows.
                “And who are you? Show yourself.” Zoelle said.
                Ryan stepped out of the shadows and said, “Hello Zoelle, nice to see you again.”
                “Ryan?” Zoelle and Jade said in unison.
                They both turned to Jason when they heard him laughing and Jason said to Ryan, “Long time no see, Lycan.”


© 2008 A LaDy NaMeD D


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very pacy opening. You have really worked on this. You have a complex plot with numerous characters and it was an effortless read. I will post the winner later today I've narrowed it down to two now.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. The story is really thickening up. A large and wonderful cast of characters, I'm glad to say, all as full of emotion, sense, and humor as the nexy. Two thumbs up!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 27, 2008
Last Updated on August 27, 2008


Author

A LaDy NaMeD D
A LaDy NaMeD D

Smithfield, VA



About
HI!!!! It's been a LONG time and a lot has changed. I think the only thing that hasn't changed is my want to be a published author. I typically write erotica, but i'm know to dibble and dabble in .. more..

Writing