Turning To The Other Side

Turning To The Other Side

A Story by DepthWriter
"

With these palms I utter...

"
©

   Floating within a blue ostrich sea, with a vocabulary all its' own, a distinction to adore... falling off the steps of time...through a funneling destiny, an admiration for everything beautiful...breaking and shattering- to the diamond background- tears of all shapes and irregular sizes...pausing rivets; like a break in time... [a sigh, a pause] I do ever speak...its' vine drooping from its smile, its stubble pink-tipped petals- grow erratically, outside the garden rubbed of its black-and-white... now, lustrous chromatic lips of a soul... 

   My tears melting each passing minute.... as life was pressed through tiny stalks, of an existence that reconciles, 'neath the waterfall of yesteryear's grace... to the erectile threshold... walking privileged, to an uncharted scene...Cavities deep inside your heart; fortunate, deep-set, neatly folded �" dreams sunken beneath the arches of rambling seas... absorbing the artichoke, the love left undelivered under words uttered... to a beautiful aching, a never ending phenomenon, its' information clear....... its moves over-flowing with emotional endings...

  I lie here... half- submerged in the sands of time... my body in a fog- wetting my flesh profusely, quivering...chills form icicles... in a land shaken by the world in which I, hold firmly upon my naked palms... I utter my thoughts...focus as I speak to this world we live in, as my dreams birth themselves- one atop the other... Predicting the forthcoming, through eyes of glass, images begin to pour from the wells of my black ink... Removing the riddles, encasing the rhyme, and reason... backing it up with bountiful portraits, painted not with a brush- but by the apparition that dwells inside me...

 “I rose from the shadows, breathless in a plain that recognized.... the kiss of existence.” 

© 2012 DepthWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed your descriptions. The language of this piece was... mesmerizing. I liked the flow of it. It was almost as if it was somewhere in between a poem and a story. I noticed that there were some places where you wrote: "its'" with an apostrophe at the end, which wasn't necessary, as you were using it possessively. I also in the second paragraph towards the end of the third line, there was a random (") in the middle of the words "folded" and "dreams." I wasn't exactly sure if that was supposed to be there or not... but it kind of distracted me. I like the quote at the end of it as well. :) Really interesting. Great job!

~ Abysmally Abstracted

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on February 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 13, 2012

Author

DepthWriter
DepthWriter

Hague, NY



About
I have been writing for five-years, been through hell and back. My writing has evolved from rhyme, to depth... a profound deepness for all things around me. I believe as writers, we all must be able.. more..

Writing