Falling in Love

Falling in Love

A Poem by Derek Smith

I didn’t fall in love with you because I needed you.
I fell in love with you because when I first caught your gaze.. I felt at peace.
Not cause I needed someone to love me, or because I couldn’t handle being alone.
I just couldn’t help but fall in love with every smile that you gave, and I couldn’t resist but smile back.
Nor was it because of what I thought you could do for me.
I fell for the woman who challenged me to be better, and not just for her, but for myself.
I didn’t fall in love with you because I needed someone to take care of me.
My feelings evolved into love for you because with every word you utter I know I’m at home.
I don’t love you because I longed for a warm body to hold me.
l yearn for you, because you’re the one who allowed me to express myself fully, without fear.
It wasn’t until I lost that fear that I knew I deserved happiness.
With you there’s true happiness.
Compared to the sound of your voice, music is just noise.
Just like the way your cheeks become rosy pink when you’re flattered, other colors are less vibrant than that.
I fell in love with you.. before I could realize that I had.

© 2022 Derek Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on January 26, 2022
Last Updated on January 26, 2022

Author

Derek Smith
Derek Smith

Worcester , MA



About
My names Derek Smith, I enjoy writing and reading poetry, hope you all enjoy mine. If you have questions,ideas,or suggestions message me or email me. Appreciate feed back good and bad. more..

Writing
how Do I how Do I

A Poem by Derek Smith