how Do I

how Do I

A Poem by Derek Smith

How am I supposed to write a love poem about you, about us?

How do I write about the way you used to hold my hand,

Or how anytime you would kiss me it couldn’t end with just one, but many.

How do I write a love poem about the way my heart would smile when it saw yours?

Who would want to read a story about a love shared between those without conditions?

How could I write about my soul being ignited every time I heard you laugh from your belly?

How do I write about the way you adorably scrunch your nose when you were upset?

How do I use words to create magic like that in which you stirred in my life every day and night?

How do I write about the stars shining less because all the light was shining down on you?

How do I ever write about a love that once was the most powerful force I could ever imagine?

How do I possibly write about a love that was betrayed?

How do I write about an us, when there isn’t even you and I?

How do I write about what I no longer have because you took it with you when you left?

How do I..love?

How do I?

© 2023 Derek Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on January 15, 2023
Last Updated on January 15, 2023

Author

Derek Smith
Derek Smith

Worcester , MA



About
My names Derek Smith, I enjoy writing and reading poetry, hope you all enjoy mine. If you have questions,ideas,or suggestions message me or email me. Appreciate feed back good and bad. more..

Writing