Museum

Museum

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

Just letting people be aware that my poetry is always personal and I expose a bit of myself in each one. Sequel to the confession series.

"
Welcome to the museum of my life, you're gonna learn a lot of stories/ if you've read any poems prior to your visit then you're familiar with the territory/ but, you're just in the beginning stages of getting to know me/ you're gonna be here a while so you best be getting cozy/ my confessions were just me exposing a few of my faults/ and I'm not placing the blame on anyone else, that's why I call them my faults/ it's a massive place so just follow me so you don't get lost/ I wouldn't lead you astray because I'm led by the truth/ the deeper you dig into me you'll see that Christianity is in my roots/ there's a section of my doubts, my depression, my regrets/ and so on, best believe I'll write till there's no words in my life left/ oh, but fortunately the story is still being written/ and when it's all said and done I promise you my world will still be an open exhibit/ because I write from the heart and so many emotions flood out/ so everyone will be welcome because nobody's gonna feel left out/ I'm just someone that God made to make a difference/ I may not touch every life, but I appeal to others because I'm different/ just goes to show how he works and how each of us are unique/ I don't create a false persona so being real is my only technique/ so welcome one and all you know what you're in for/ so open up your mind as we begin the in depth tour..

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your comparison of yourself (and the individual in general) to a museum! It's truly incredible how many stories we all have!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Derek Barnes

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I had the idea in my head for a while and just finally managed to put it into wor.. read more
emptyinkwell

6 Years Ago

Life is the greatest and most honest inspiration . Keep up the good work!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing