Story to Tell

Story to Tell

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

Elaborating on how seriously I take my writing. And how I want my life to mean something.

"
Sometimes even my only outlet doesn't allow me to feel alive/ yet, it's the only thing that gives me strength to survive/ honestly, I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have this ability/ if I had to paint you a picture so that you could see/ there'd be nothing to show cause my life would be empty/ so don't you dare try and tell me this is just a mere hobby/ cause my passion for this outranks every desire you follow half-heartedly/ so take every bit of hatred you have aside/ cause you'll tune it out when success for me finally arrives/ and the noise you once made will still be ringing in my ear/ just in mere remembrance of someone that will no longer exist to me, disappear/ and I'm not apologetic for how harsh that may seem/ but I'll be damned if I appreciate anyone who tried to tear me out of my dream/ just take your negativity elsewhere or rather keep it to yourself/ just live out your own life and let me live mine, I've got a story to tell..

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the fact that you own your passion. That you engage in the power of freedom to be. This supports that so very well..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Derek Barnes

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much. This was inspired after someone said my poetry was pointless. It's not, it's what.. read more
You truly showed your passion for your writing from the piece........
Nice work keep it up

Posted 6 Years Ago


Derek Barnes

6 Years Ago

Much appreciated! I put my heart into it.
AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

Everything done by heart is beautiful piece....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing