Confession (Part 3)

Confession (Part 3)

A Poem by Derek Barnes
"

All these confessions are a prequel to Museum. I made it a series because that's what it seemed like I was doing. Just making confessions about how I felt in my faith.

"
God, every time I cry out I wonder, are you even hearing this/ can you renew someone that feels like they shouldn't even exist/ if I've made an impact how come I don't see a difference/ yeah, the depression I thought was long gone has found its way back/ my defenses were down and the devil went on the attack/ I thought your love in me was perfected/ now I feel like I'll never be able to reflect it/ your joy was supposed to be my strength/ now the time in my life, I'm wishing you would shorten the length/ I know all I have to say seems dark and gloomy/ when usually life is what's being breathed through me/ this just isn't one of those times/ maybe I'm a light that wasn't destined to shine/ wait, what happened to my fire, to my passion/ I feel so disconnected and I don't even know what caused it to happen/ so I hope that me in your prayers you will mention/ that I see for myself that for me there is redemption/ you probably wanted to be inspired, don't forget, there isn't always going to be happy things said in a confession..

© 2017 Derek Barnes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on August 23, 2017
Last Updated on August 23, 2017

Author

Derek Barnes
Derek Barnes

Iuka, MS



About
Writing poetry is my passion. Hope to meet others who share this passion. more..

Writing