Spring Celebration

Spring Celebration

A Chapter by Desert Dreamer
"

a journal entry from last Spring

"
Nothing can make me miss this CELEBRATION OF SPRING!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun is shining, the Poppies and Lupine are flowering in abundance.  And it is time to walk the washes and canyons to see all the flowers of Spring, to visit all my plant friends. Can a plant be a friend?  Well, I know these individual plants and want to know how they are doing this Spring.  Call me crazy if you want to, but I love all the wild creatures including the plants.

 

The hummingbirds are enjoying the flowers in my garden.  My garden is beautiful with flowers of Salvia, Penstemon, Poppy, Bladderpod, Golden Fleece, Fiddlenecks and a few small flowers I don't know the name of.  And of course the fragrant flowers of the Desert Lavender and Bee Bush - must stop and smell them and close my eyes for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who wants a nature garden?  I am in love with nature and want to share with everyone!  Plant native plants in your garden and you will understand.  Take away the grass lawn if you have it and replace it with native shrubs, flowers and trees.  All the native birds and insects will come to visit you, and the pests naturally go away.  Get rid of the bird feeders and give the birds their natural habitat!  I love my natural garden.

 

This year I am going to eat weeds!  Literally!  So many of the weeds are actually edible greens, I have actually considered planting them in my food garden.  Goosefoot is one of my favorites, they taste like a mild version of spinache.  There are many varieties of Goosefoot, some are better cooked before eating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I want to do everything!  Hike in the desert, eat the weeds, see every flower, run down every wash, see the wondrous world while it is bursting with life and color!  Plant a garden, save the desert, save the rivers, save the trees, sing with the flowers, listen to the earth and record its poetry, run into the desert and never come back to the city again!



© 2011 Desert Dreamer


Author's Note

Desert Dreamer
My photos of desert Spring flowers above are Mexican Gold Poppy (Eschscholzia californica ssp. mexicana), Superb Penstemon (Penstemon superbus), and New Mexican Goosefoot (Chenopodium neomexicanum).

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I dig this celebration!
Planting and eating weeds from a garden. Wow, that concept is just so incredibly cool. Reminds me so much of the lotus flower which blooms from the mud. Your photos and descriptions invigorate with me with inspiration and energy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a wonderful way to celebrate the coming of Spring, to see nature at its best. I too have a small garden with assorted plants, I love nature too.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are certainly not crazy! DD, I so wish I could see such beauty, I crave it!
These are sensational photos, I adore them!
I kept a nature diary a while ago, I should fish it out and post in the AB nature group....been thinking about writing one for the elements and such like...your work is beautiful! So beautiful!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I sense you have discovered the purity of the relationship with the elements and the land. You have put our insignificance in perspective once again.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great. Bursting with energy and passion.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice. I love the happiness. The pictures are perfect to look at while the mercury drops. :) How long till Spring? :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is vivid beauty in your images and words. You truly love your desert and its ways. And we have much to learn from it and you. And yes of course a plant can be a friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I want to do everything, too!!!! I always love my visits to your words. You take me so many exciting and wild places. Thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You really love life do you? To appreciate life in such dimension is good to feel. Perhaps we find meaning in everything beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for that lovely, exhilarating tour through your garden. You're just a youngster, but if you'd come from my generation, they'd have called you a "flower child" for sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this! The text is dreamy and poetic while informing. Truly this is your gift. Your breathless enthusiasm and appreciation of your surroundings is just palpable throughout!

The only other thing I would say is I don't think the parenthesis are needed in the first paragraph. But Bravo, bravo, bravo on this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1401 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 26, 2011
Tags: journal, garden, flowers, desert


Author

Desert Dreamer
Desert Dreamer

Sonoran Desert, AZ



About
I joined Writers Cafe to inspire and be inspired, I hope you are looking for the same. I always review other peoples writing in return for a review (sometimes I am slow) and I look forward to any con.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Battling Burma Battling Burma

A Poem by Bubo


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT