Wrong Awakening

Wrong Awakening

A Poem by Desert Dreamer
"

inspired by art

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tower reflects human spirits
as objects
trees crowded out
by buildings
human minds connected
to machines

 

Metamorphosis of meaning
dissolution of spirit
death
disintegration
metropolis of decay

 

Trapped within their own creations
even in sleep she cries out for release

 

Bright clouds bring hope for your escape
concrete cracked by unseen armies
roots of trees patiently strangle
machines that were wrongly awakened
freedom arrives slowly

 

© 2012 Desert Dreamer


Author's Note

Desert Dreamer
Inspired by the artwork shown titled "Wrong Awakening" by Peter Gric.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ach, you capture my daily reality here. I work in London's Canary Wharf, which is a collcetion of towers. I think of them as egos. They are all straight lines of glass and steel and power. My place in all this is in the middle of a room some distance from a window, which never opens, can't open. All I can see from it when I look that way are other buildings. I can see nothing natural an I can't see the sky. This is no way to be. And my mind is linked to the machine in front of me. And I sometimes wake at night thinking about it. Ach, you capture my daily reality in my less than lovely tower, no ivory in sight.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Seems rather appropriate for this time, and it fits rather well with the artwork too. My only tiny problem is that the verb you use in the first line is for a plural subject, not a singular one...:-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

one could hope that life has something more interesting sprinkled around the universe...as for you, i like the sunshine on your face

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Until the last one hundred years, great forests existed that generations of man knew, since the beginning of time. Many are, now, gone! What will be the wake up call or will nature have to wait patiently to reclaim the land, after man destroys himself, too. All of the advancements of civilization seem to destroy the earth at an even higher rate. Is that called being civilized or is it being savage?! Two trees being planted for each one cut down would not be able to produce the lost quantity of oxygen being produced in our lifetime. Has man become so blind or is he only worried about his own lifetime, not that of his children?!

Lumber can be reused and becomes stronger with age. Paper can be recycled, again and again, and becomes grainier and thicker. The only one that I can't figure out is toilet paper; of course, there are lots of corncobs. LOL!

The picture you chose or the picture that chose you is wonderful and so was your poem!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Artwork and words were amazing. Artwork can make us think and create. The painting show many things to make the viewer think. I like your thoughts on the artwork. Thank you for the amazing poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh DD.... excellent rise to the challenge.... echoes mine!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Technological progress has its good and bad points... it has helped make life easier in some aspects but it has made us lose some of the human connection.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A thoughtful write, of the "maybe future?" where machines will take it over from humanity? I loved this one, as surreal as it is, with the picture, and your excellent words. Men and Machines, are always connected, infact, who programmed them is a question ;) that could be far from mother earth... the universe is neverending, stunning write love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2121 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2012
Tags: civilization, art, death

Author

Desert Dreamer
Desert Dreamer

Sonoran Desert, AZ



About
I joined Writers Cafe to inspire and be inspired, I hope you are looking for the same. I always review other peoples writing in return for a review (sometimes I am slow) and I look forward to any con.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin