Tainted Pillow

Tainted Pillow

A Poem by Destinyxi

Tainted Pillow

 

I don’t know how you do it

But you do it good

 

Leave me for months

Come back and act like nothing happened

And I’ll let you in

I missed you more than my denial can hide

 

I can’t reason with my mind

Can’t come up with excuses

I sugar coat your very existence

Your very need to be in my life

 

The late night talks

The emotions tainting my pillow

The fingers tightening around my sheets

All memories of you

 

I cut you out so clean

So easily

To do it again

I don’t think I can

 

The strength it took to do it once

Now to do it twice

It’ll rip me apart

Then what will you come back to next time?

 

You’ve found your way under my skin

Seven months worth of silence

Now a few words spoken

You’re flowing through my veins again

 

And I don’t know how you did it

But you did it good 

© 2012 Destinyxi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We all have one of these. Its like a sickness, and you described it so well. I loved it! As I do with all your writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I imagine this is how lots of people feel when they let someone back in who hurt them in the past. It's that aching for what once was that gets them. The door is almost always still open, even if just a sliver. All it takes is a nudge. And while they're back, it's nice, it feels almost like new again. Until you open your eyes and it's all gone.

Excellent write. You put it into words easily understood.

-Caradoc

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is nice work.. generally I don't enjoy reading poems that are so to-the-point and leave nothing up to the imagination, and I'm not saying that it's not imaginative, it's just so straight forward. This is what you're talking about. This is what you're feeling. That sort of thing. I find them boring, usually. the ones that I've come across, anyway..
But this was really well written. I believe that you have talent, and this poem is saddening, you do make it seem so heart-wrenching and serious. I can feel your anxious heart beating in every word. I like how you began and ended with " I don't know how you did it, but you did it good" it's powerful. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


great poem. im impressed how u can write from current events and just bust out great poems. Who knows what goes through the mind of someone who wants to bounce back after leaving u. perhaps they moved on from another relationship and that didn't work out...so You are viewed as a insurance policy thinkking they can get u back.....thats not the case..its more like feeding an ego.

yes i understand the feeling of doing hard work to forget someone...then the moment u think u are free.......that person comes back via text or facebook adding and it just crushes the heart of the work allready done to forget that person. u convey this perfectly especially with the tainted pillow references. ur very good with references and metaphors.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can feel your frustration and helplessness at resisting those emotions when reading this. You conveyed how he just pulls your strings regardless of how you tried to be free very well. Odd how some people can affect us just so. I hope this isn't a reality for you. Excellent poetry, as always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmm, I'm scared to know where this came from...it's a great poem though...I find you're getting better with each one now...your titles are very good as well :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Destinyxi

11 Years Ago

Rest assured, it's not about you smarty :P
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

Haha well I did know that :P
There were some damn passionate words in there! I love the third stanza... sugar coated existence - that's fricken awesome. Also, the name 'Tainted Pillow' is perfect... it fits the poem like a glove. Love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is what love is all about,long-suffering and patience,good poem

Posted 11 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1075 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Destinyxi
Destinyxi

Canada



About
I'm back after a 10 year hiatus. I write poetry and erotic short stories. Feel free to check out my work 😊 more..

Writing
A Sign A Sign

A Poem by Destinyxi


No Words No Words

A Poem by Destinyxi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Darkness Creeps Darkness Creeps

A Chapter by Pax