A Sign

A Sign

A Poem by Destinyxi

A Sign

 

I wish you had given me a sign

Even though you had few words

Maybe an action

A motion

A look

 

I needed to know today

That you wouldn’t be here tomorrow

So that today I can make it count

Make it worth it

Make it last

 

I can’t forget the warmth leaving you

Coldness replacing

Life diminishing

 

Emptiness

 

Always carefree

Childish

A whirlwind bouncing around

But always kind

Always

 

You will be missed

Because you took the light with you

And now it’s just cold

Cold to the touch

 

All I could do was maintain physical contact

Like I used to

Because that’s all I know

And I wish

I wish

This last time

You could feel it

 

But I had to leave your coldness

With tears coating you

And my sorrow trailing out of the room

 

My love was left with you

My memories I take with me

 

But how I wish you had given me a sign

Because tomorrow

You wouldn’t be just a memory

You’d be reality

© 2014 Destinyxi


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Destinyxi
My boyfriend lost his dog a couple days ago, him and I went to the animal hospital and were in a room with a lifeless beautiful dog who was so full of life...of light.. it was the first time I ever saw him cry.

I spent time with the dog the day before he passed, he wasn't feeling well, kept pawing me, and I keep thinking right now maybe that was him telling me "Help me..I'm dying..please.." and I like an idiot didn't understand what he was trying to tell me.

Anyway guys sorry for rambling I'm usually way more professional in these notes. I'm just a mess right now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dogs and cats are "Forever" children... my condolences for your loss...

As for the poem, I felt I understood the level of dealing you described... and it was relevant. As for reading mine - do as you will - whenever - if you want to.


Posted 1 Year Ago


Destinyxi

1 Year Ago

I will take a look at your work! Thank you
Emotion charged, sorrowful words, beautifully written, capturing the sense of loss and inability to understand. Loss is always a painful and turbulent time, causing floods of memories to inundate you and the knowledge they will be no more. I don't think it matters if it is a cherished pet, or a loved one, they are all part of our hearts and will be missed.
Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Destinyxi

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing :)
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
animals are like that, they know their time with you is up, sadly we don't figure it out till later.I once had a pet that rarely paid me any mind, one day she constantly cuddled with me for hours, next day she was hit by a car.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Destinyxi

8 Years Ago

God that's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that... thank you for your review.
This is very touching and well-worded. I thought you meant a human, so the ending surprised. I've tried all my life to not get too attached to pets, knowing of their short lifespans, but sometimes I just can't help it. (Darn it!) Life in this world can be wonderful, but it can make you cry.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Destinyxi

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing. Forced me to read this poem again haha. Brought tears to my eyes. Ironic en.. read more
It was a wonderful read and sorry to know about the loss of your boyfriends' dog. Life is really unpredictable you never know what happens the other moment. But I really like to your beautiful lines "The Sign"

Posted 8 Years Ago


Destinyxi

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reviewing, I forgot I wrote this poem.
Writer at last! Sky ~

8 Years Ago

Welcome friend and please don't forget such a beautiful piece of work.
Good poem. Best way to honor man's best friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


When they become part of the family, it is hard to lose them. Excellent...:)............

Posted 9 Years Ago


It's quite understandable to be "a mess" after the loss of a pet, they're family members as well. I'm sorry for the loss you and your boyfriend have had. This poem was a touching reminiscence, though it is a reminiscence tinged with guilt. You did what you could by being there with him. Your words conveyed the sadness and emptiness thoroughly, and made me recollect my dog's last days. This was a well written poem, as your work always is. Again, I'm sorry for the loss and emptiness you two are going through.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hard to lose a animal. I had cats and dogs for 15 years. They are part of our family. A sad poem. I cried for my pets lost. Just means we are human. Thank you for sharing the poem.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 3, 2014

Author

Destinyxi
Destinyxi

Canada



About
I'm back after a 10 year hiatus. I write poetry and erotic short stories. Feel free to check out my work 😊 more..

Writing
No Words No Words

A Poem by Destinyxi


MIA MIA

A Poem by Destinyxi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Widows Request A Widows Request

A Poem by Gee