NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED NOVEL

NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED NOVEL

A Story by Detective Watts
"

Not an artistic name. It really is unfinished

"

A Night at The Space Opera: A Series of Tales from Beyond the Year 2000

 

Captain Neutrino: Man of the Martian Moons #1

 

Science fiction is not about adventure primarily, but about science… It is not about mad scientists, but about hard working thinkers… It is not by writers who have a facile hand with cliché, but it is by writers who understand science.

                   -Isaac Asimov

 

Captain Max Neutrino drew his trusty gamma blaster, aimed and fired: short circuiting the villainous Doctor Wightsbane’s atomic accelerator and stranding his immense quantum destructor fleet deep within the darkest depths of space.

 

“Vile wretch!” the Doctor cursed. “Another one of my ingenious plots; foiled! But this will be the last!”

Doctor Wightsbane chuckled manically as a squadron of hulking, atomic kill-bots entered the room, their phasers buzzing menacingly.

“Attack!” he shouted. “Attack Captain Neutrino!”

 

Thinking quickly, our valiant hero leapt behind the remains of the atomic accelerator. The kill-bots opened fire and, as the device charged with their protonic energy, it neared critical mass. A field of quantum flux began to emanate from it, enveloping the horde of kill-bots and sapping their atomic energy, leaving them useless.

 

“CURSES!” the Doctor screamed.

Doctor Wightsbane leapt to his feet, unsheathed his razor sharp hyperspacial blade and lunged at Neutrino, tearing a gash in his arm.

“Argh!” the Captain ejaculated “You villainous cur! You won’t get away with this!”

“And who” the Wightsbane replied as he held his blade to Neutrino’s throat “is going to stop me?”

“This whole quadrant is crawling with Galactic Federation vessels! You weapons won’t work without an atomic accelerator!  You’ll never make it out”

The Doctor chuckled to himself.

“This craft can outrun any “Federation” ship. With its new ionic warp module, it can arrive safely back at base in seconds without being picked up on any scanner yet devised!”

“You’re bluffing. Ionic warp drives are just urban legends; fairy tales.”

“Haha, perhaps your pathetic Earth labs don’t have any, but the Imperial Confederacy is light-years ahead of the rest of the galaxy!”

© 2011 Detective Watts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
Added on May 18, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011

Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing