Kingdom Mentality?

Kingdom Mentality?

A Poem by Devon Posley
"

I wrote this as an essay for a contest but because my webcam refused to work I missed my deadline, but instead of letting it just go to waste I decided to post it on here. Enjoy!

"
What is Kingdom Mentality? To me Kingdom Mentality is an idea, it solidifies the saying "Nothing worth having comes easy." Kingdom Mentality inspires the average dreamer,it gives the push that you wouldn't normally get, and basically says go out and make something of yourself. It doesn't have any guidelines or qualifications just like how their isn't any short cuts or cheatsheets to dream chasing. The only you can do is put the work in, and Kingdom Mentality supports that mindset. So in short Kingdom Mentality simply means your dream is out there, it's up to you to make it your reality.

© 2012 Devon Posley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see ehat you were going for in this essay about your concept of " kingdom mentality", but I think that you might have been able to articulate it better if you had gone more in depth. Right now, the essay is a little short, but it still manages to convey what you man by the phrase "kingdom mentality"--ambition, the courage to turn your dreams into reality, etc.

A suggestion I would make to make this more interesting and original would be to remove the mention of the adage "nothing worth having comes without hard work, because that is a really trite saying that sums up your own concept a little *too* neatly. "kingdom mentality", on the other hand, is something you made up yourself, so it would be more compelling if you explained why you settled on that specific name for your concept, instead of stealing its thunder by inserting a hackneyed saying into this short essay.

Anyways I think this was enjoyable just for being so optimistic and inspirational in its tone




Posted 11 Years Ago


Devon Posley

11 Years Ago

I see what you're saying but the reason I didn't do that was because I entered this into a contest t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
1 Review
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012
Tags: Journal, Kingdon Mentality, King, Victor King, YTF, Youtube, Quest Crew

Author

Devon Posley
Devon Posley

Atlanta, GA



About
Hey my name is Devon, I'm seventeen years old. I'm an artist/musician/writer/actor and have been writing since I was fourteen. I'm planning on using this website as a place to post my poems, stories, .. more..

Writing