STCBDTE

STCBDTE

A Poem by Deyeil
"

Thoughts wrapped in emotions wrapped in insomnia at two in the morning.

"
Sometimes you need to drown the voices in a sea of shouts of your own creation.

Sometimes you need to feel the pain in a sea of agony, a hell of your own volition.

Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes, it's never enough, and it's an always instead.

Thoughts in your head, shoved to the bed, even if then you'd just rather be dead.

Thoughts you can't escape, don't want to outrun, with a heart of glass and feet of lead.

Thoughts on topics so abstract that you can't help but shake your head in confusion.

Can you free yourself from that crushing depth, that self taught delusion?

Can you carve free a face worth looking at, hide that mutilated devils protrusion?

Can there be peace amidst the storm, a structure within the hellish recess?

Be yourself, work yourself, become yourself in the fullness of your own process

Be the demon, be the angel, be the worst and best of your own life, as you digress,

Be something horrifyingly beautiful, something wonderfully atrocious, more than you can

Deceiving as a summer breeze before the tidal wave of despair, from which you should have ran,

Deceiving yourself with pretentious words, and lilly white falsehoods, your own number one fan.

Deceiving, as lost as a dream, as abrupt- The End.

Sometimes Thoughts Can Be Deceiving. - The End.

© 2019 Deyeil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on February 25, 2019
Last Updated on February 25, 2019

Author

Deyeil
Deyeil

Yakutat, AK



About
I've always had a deep interest in reading poetry, but didn't try my hand at writing until events in my life nearly demanded I have some kind of outlet. I chose to express my feelings through poetry. .. more..

Writing
Nothing Nothing

A Poem by Deyeil


Me Me

A Poem by Deyeil