INFANTRY- PART ONE

INFANTRY- PART ONE

A Story by DhaVerd
"

Once Batman's identity is out, the GCPD is sent out to the manor to receive its in inhabitants. Batman escapes, Robin's arrested and brought to Arkham where he must escape with help of villains.

"

          Batman’s identify was public, the world now knows who the caped crusader is and the GCPD was rushed to Wayne Manor. Their sirens rung through the city streets and from the police choppers above could see the flickering lights that overwhelmed the surface. The task they had was simple, bring Bruce Wayne into custody along with his butler and his adopted ward Richard (Dick) Grayson. The GCPD had sent out their officers and SWAT team to make sure the situation will go down as easy as possible, and that’s what they had planned. They broke through the gates of the manor and surrounded a perimeter around the house as the helicopters shone the spotlights onto the house. The officers and SWAT team stood behind the vehicles ready to take action when ordered as Commissioner James (Jim) Gordon stepped out of his car with Bullock.

       Lifting his megaphone, Gordon called to the home, “We have the perimeter surrounded! Come out with your hands behind your head or we will force entry!”

       There wasn’t a sound but the helicopters that hovered above. Then seen from one of the second floor windows was a figure that moved across. As the eyes of the infantry looked back to the first floor, there was a dark figure walking down the stairs that was visible through the doors glass window. All officers aimed up their guns as a few SWAT members were ready to receive the darkened figure. Once the person had reached the glass, the light shining down had revealed that it was the butler. Alfred casually opened the door, and stepped out. He lifted his hand to block out the light that followed him and the retrievers, but instantly his hand was gripped and pulled down to be cuffed.

       Alfred was brought face to face with Gordon.

“Where is Batman,” Gordon demanded trying to speak over the propellers.

       “He’ll be arriving shortly, sir.”

       Bullock placed his hand on Gordon’s shoulder and shook it gently for him to see that another dark figure had reached the door, but the front spotlight was shone on them and the figure wasn’t identified. Out came from the front door was the boy wonder> instantly the light shone back onto him. Visible of the teen was that he was wearing half of his Robin costume. Gordon didn’t order for any men to retrieve but instead he ordered to Richard.

       “Where is Batman?!”

       “I am Batman,” he smirked. “You asked for me, here I am.”

       Gordon’s temper was gone. “This isn’t a time for jokes, boy! Tell us where he is!”

       “You won’t find him inside.”

       “There’s a squad infiltrating ‘the batcave’, we don’t need to search the house now thanks to you. Now, face your arrest.”

       The SWAT team went to retrieve the ward. Richard and Alfred shared the same emotions over the batcave being discovered. Richard clenched his hands into fists and looked down in pain, then back to Gordon with his smirk.

       “Just you make me,” he yelled to them and threw a smoke pellet to the receivers.

       Leaping into the smoke, he quickly took them all down before they noticed him. Riot shielded SWAT forces moved into the smoke to put a stop to the beat down, but they only added to his combo breaker. The smoke had cleared off and brought out Richard, holding an officer with a gun to the head. On his left arm was a riot shield for protection against any of the other officers had a trigger finger. Alfred’s expression was astonished than everyone’s.

       “Put the gun down,” the commissioner demanded for obey once again. “I know your code, you won’t kill him.”

       Grayson’s smirk changed to a burning glare, looking up just once to the spotlight above, he quick fired and shot it out.

       “You think that just because my moral code is to not kill that I don’t know how to comprehend a gun? There isn’t much to ponder of it than to aim and shoot!”

       There was silence from words at ease, but then there was sudden static upon the police radios.

       “We have infiltrated the batcave; I repeat we’ve entered the batcave.”

       Grayson lowered the gun slightly as his heart sunk. Alfred even looked with hopeless eyes to the young ward that it was all over. Jim reached to his comm. when a sudden response was given.

       “Batman is visual, we have him in sight!”

       “Switch to lethal, take him out if necessary! I want him now!”

       “Hostile is attempting to leave! Wait, there’s a beeping… THERE’S A BOMB!”

       “Take out Batman and leave,” Gordon refused the risk of the loss of men.

       “Sir, we’re evacuating, it’s not safe!”

       Jim punched his car as if forcing it with his demand for the arrest of Bruce Wayne. Seeing the disappointment in the eyes in front of him, the life shined back through Richard’s face. Abruptly, an explosion erupted behind the house and fire scorched into the building, lighting the shadows seen through the windows as a roar waved over the crowd. It was the batwing flying to the city. The helicopters instantly flew toward the direction as Gordon ordered for his men to go and chase after the caped crusader.

       Richard dropped the gun and the riot shield, and then he was forcefully handled by his hostage toward the commissioner. Bullock cuffed him as Alfred was placed into a cop car. Alfred gave a farewell nod to Grayson as he sent one back. The chances of them meeting again are slim, and they knew they had to accept the fact. The car drove away leaving the two officers with retiree vigilante and a burning mansion.

       Sternly, Gordon glared to Richard. “Get in the car.”

       Richard followed the demanded task and sighed as the door closed. As they drove away from the inferno, Grayson tried to hold back his tears and pain he held. Zooming pass them as they reached the gates were fire trucks arriving to put out the flames.

       “They shoul’ jus’ let it burn,” Bullock murmured through the sirens.

       He looked to Jim for a response, but received silence. Almost the entire ride there was only silence, till Richard finally opened his mouth.

       “So where am I going?”

       “Tuh Arkham,” Bullock swoop his head in response. “Where nut jobs like ya belong.”

       “What makes me loon enough to go there? If anywhere I should go to Black Gate Prison.”

       Bullock snickered at the half end of what was said.

 “Someone who thinks ‘ey are ‘Batman’ hastuh be nuts. Plus who can forget, ya have plenty uh friends at Arkham.”

Again there was silence through out the ride, except for alerts on the radio of the chase on Batman. As they were cutting into the central of Gotham, Bullock had noticed a food stand and pulled over for refreshments. Alone in the car, there was more of a disturbance with the emptiness of the silence. In memory, Richard thought of something he thought would be appropriate for the moment.

“You know Barbara is Batgirl, right,” he monotone to Jim as he watched Bullock taking his time. “You’re going to have to bring her in.”

Jim clutched his fists and leaned his head slightly to the side as he watched Bullock too.

“I worked some deals, the public won’t ever find out.’

Bullock entered the vehicle and again there was emptiness. Close to the arrival of their destination, reported in was that the trail on Bruce is gone. Richard felt happiness again, but then concern for Pennyworth and the strings Jim had pulled for his daughter’s secret ego to remain unknown. Though with his current situation of facing the mad house, he had to start thinking of himself. The car had come to a stop and was at the destination. Surrounding them were SWAT forces with all artillery aimed for a single foul move. As Grayson had been pulled out of the car, his body was covered by red dots from snipers.

He looked to the snipers and then to all the other guns pointing at him. The boy was astonished. Gordon and Bullock moved him forward to start walking and then the fire armed men cleared a path, but didn’t move their eyes off their target. It was uncomfortable though, not because there was guns pointing at him and ready to go off, but because this time he was the one being sent to Arkham rather than a deranged loon. The vibe though only grew worse once they were inside. The torrents were all aiming to him, the watch gourds had guns aimed, and he was in cuffs. His head remained down and dared not to look to the employees of the asylum, they were no longer acquaintances.

Before he had gone through the medal detectors, his utility belt was stripped from him. He looked up to only find scornful glares. After he walked through the detectors he had to rid off his pride and put on the required inmate clothing. He was then strapped down and was taken to a cellblock and the cellblock just so happened to have half of the nemesis of Batman. As he was being taken to his cell, he was receiving multiple words that he could only make out the voices. As he was passing a cell he identified the face, it was the Joker.

“Nice to see you again, pal.”  Joker grinned and watched till the sidekick was out of sight.

Through the entire ruckus, Joker’s laughter was heard over everything. Richard sighed; he knew the night had much more to come. He had reached his new room and the holographic cell door had disappeared. Unstrapped, he was shoved into his inmate.

“You sent me to Black gate, Robin! It’s my time to get payback!”

Richard stood back but felt heat behind him. The holographic cell door was back. It was just a straight down see through wall that held electric volts for anyone who dared too touch it. As his eyes caught back to his new friend, he dodged a punch and heard zaps behind him and scream beside his ear. Turning in a fighting stance, he found the convict on the floor twitching. Two gourds had rushed over to the commotion. As they looked to the knocked out convict, they walked away commenting to each other that he’ll be up soon.

Richard sat onto one of the bunks to realize there were two inmates across from him that kept glaring.

“You’re going to get it, brat.” One of the convicts said pointing to a symbol on the left side of his forehead. “Third course is 8:15, just you wait!”

Richard pondered of the reason why the man pointed to his gang sign, till he realized his inmate has a matching symbol. Luckily though there was a hall TV in sight, he decided to watch whatever it was and that hopefully it’ll clear off the sudden situations from his mind. It was Gotham’s eight-o’clock news; footage was being shown of his confrontation with Gordon and the fire department putting out the manor, then he heard news of Pennyworth.

“The butler, known as Alfred Pennyworth, has been convicted of the crime of assisting Bruce Wayne with his vigilante actions. Alfred is being placed into a prison out from Gotham, but as for the young boy that Bruce Wayne had taken in three years ago, Richard Grayson has been placed inside Arkham Asylum for the same convictions as the masked crusader.”

Richard felt glee knowing that Alfred won’t have to face foes of Batman as he has to. He spaced out thinking of this till he heard the anchorman say that they have word from Gordon in front of the asylum. He looked to the screen to see that the footage was live and that the SWAT forces were evacuating.

       “Gotham’s vigilantes are now at an end, this is their end. NO MORE HEROES! Not in this city. We have Robin and we have Batman’s identity, but as far for Batgirl it is unknown. We will hunt them down and seek as much information from Richard Grayson as possible. There will no more vigilantes; any impersonations of any vigilante will be taken into custody for conviction. We will find Bruce Wayne, he will be brought to justice, he is a fugitive and any sight of him is demanded to be reported.”

       Reporters then began to shout for questions, but their words were broken off by the third course meal bell rung. The electric, holographic screen doors had disappeared and inmates left their cells. Richard stood up and looked down to see that his inmate was still out. Stepping over him he waited for the crowd in the cell block to die down.

© 2014 DhaVerd


Author's Note

DhaVerd
This is one of my first fanfictions, it was a quickly wrote, I'm still writing it, I'm sorry if it isn't well put out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on December 9, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2014
Tags: batman, robin, joker, two face, deathstroke, arkham asylum, police force, dc comics, fan fiction, vigilante

Author

DhaVerd
DhaVerd

CA



About
I am a nerd, gamer, larper, and a big comic book fan. I love to write especially of my feelings or just a story that I find fascinating. I don't really have much friends, but that doesn't get too down.. more..

Writing