JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. DEATHSTROKE (part 1) THE UNTHINKABLE

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. DEATHSTROKE (part 1) THE UNTHINKABLE

A Story by DhaVerd
"

Series I'm going to be working on, it'll be getting gruesome. You've been warned.

"

            It's silent outside of Earth, silent and a great view from the Watch Tower. Most of the League were discussing, the league but for one member, batman. He was last heard two days before and if anything had come up he'd inform the League no matter what the situation was. They tried contacting his comm link in his cowl, tried the batcomputer and the batmobile. Suspicion and worries grew over his friends, Superman tried to find his voice with his hearing and even flew around the world a couple times trying to seek him out, and Martian Manhunter couldn't even find him. Cyborg was scanning through transmissions during the meeting in case news was heard of the vigilante. The luck though was slim but the outcome was great. Or at least they hoped. 

            Global news channels were suddenly interfered by an unknown signal. Viewed though on screen was Batman. He was on his knees and his arms were chained to stakes that stood beside him. His suit had dry and fresh blood stains upon it, his eyes were weary, and he looked to the camera with no hope. Behind him was a shadow of a figure and it walked through the dim lighting that there was. The figure had approach beside Batman and it revealed to be Deathstroke. "Hello, sorry for this interruption to your dear old shows but I needed the attention of your fellow heroes."

            The League was in fury, Slade had them to his plans. Superman demanded for Martian Manhunter and Cyborg to locate Deathstroke immediately, but it was no use. The life of their dear old friend was in the hands of a madman and they couldn't do a thing to save him.

            "You're probably wondering how did I capture 'the worlds greatest detective' ? Well it was pretty simple, he knew it was a trap. There was; and still are, hostages. He failed to save the beloved Lois Lane, his comrade Nightwing, and the boy wonder. Oh, may I say to you Superman that you Kryptonians are actually easier to kill than I expected? You see, Supergirl was becoming too much of a hassle to be a hostage, so I put her out of my way."

            Superman rose from his seat as he slammed his fist into the table and nearly crushed all that was on his side of his seat. His eyes began to red with rage as he ordered for the hanger to be open. He knew he wouldn't find them right that second but he felt that he had to try. With all the sorrow through his body it would just change into rage. Diana tried to ease him, she tried but it was also no use. Deathstroke was pulling onto the chains that were looped onto the stakes which pulled Batman into the air where he then hung. As his arms were pulled above him he groaned of the pain and more sorrow was revealed in his eyes.

            "Truthfully I wouldn't be doing this, but if there's money involved then the task will be done. So I say to you, Justice League, come at! Save your friend Batman, or as you also know him as Bruce Wayne!" Slade pressed a button among a remote and instantly Batman was electrocuted. He screamed and groaned but it wouldn't be heard by the man of steel. He repressed the button to stop the pain, but now came to put Bruce out of his misery. Slade walked in front of the hung bat and pulled his guns from their holsters. "I say to you, Superman, come and stop me. That is if you actually can fly faster than a speeding bullet, or break through my… fortress."

With the sound of two bullets, the transmission was cut off. Deathstroke shot Batman and the camera. It’s too late for Superman to search and save his friend. Rising from the other chairs was the other members. They were also in rage and sorrow, but none of them were as close to the emotions Superman carried. Diana placed her hand back upon Superman’s shoulder, but with a strong grip he removed it. Her words were useless.

“Clark, I know your pain but you can’t blow up with this pain. You’re too raged and need to ca-“                       “OPEN the hanger!” Cyborg in action quickly did so. The world’s mightiest hero was just now the world’s mightiest weapon. With all this rage and agony from this tragedy has turned him into a time bomb, and he needs to explode.

I’M going after Deathstroke, I want all of you to stay here.” As Superman zoomed from his stand he quickly disabled the teleporter in less than a second. Rushing down to Earth, he quickly turned back and orbited the sun.            

Like a meteorite he was falling into Earth. Down to the surface Deathstroke is walking out from the Fortress of Solitude. The blistering white sheet of wind was nearly knocking him down. The blowing snow made it nearly impossible for any eye to make an image, but that was shortly resolved. Sloping down to a halt, Superman had arrived. The force from his halt pushed apart the gusting wind as the ground gave a mighty shake. Snow, ice, and wind had all hit Deathstroke. It had pulled him back as he had fallen almost to one knee. Then between the emptiness of the landscape are two foes.

Steam rose from Superman’s eyes, they were glistering red and began to grow from what beheld with Deathstroke. In Slade’s right hand is a bloody knife and held in his left is Batman’s cowl. For a short brief they stood staring to one another with only the sound of the wind. Upon Deathstroke’s armor was blood, blood and an arsenal of weapons. He held upon his back two guns along with three swords, among the three was his favorite and well known sword that admires most. To his hips were the two handguns used in the murder of Clark’s dear friend; and above them on Slade’s belt was grenades, the sheathe to his bloody knife, and a small harpoon gun. Superman had also noticed the blood track from the cowl that traced back to the entrance of his fortress.

Tossing the cowl to Superman, Deathstroke rose up from his stance. “So, I see you got my invite?”

YOU, YOU KILLED MY FRIEND!” Superman’s eyes grew shinier as he clutched his hands shut that his own strength nearly broke his bones. “YOU’LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU’VE DONE!”

Zooming across, Superman swooped to Deathstroke. Grabbing him by the throat, he stopped in the air as he held him. Superman had stopped from the surge of pain that grew in his left shoulder. He was pierced by the knife. Dropping Slade to the ground Superman extracts the blade, tossing it elsewhere.        

I saw that move miles away. You surely have to do better than that!” Slade taunted to Superman, but that nearly killed him. Superman unleashed his laser eyes down upon to Deathstroke, but in time he moved out of harms way. Superman stopped, but his eyes still glistened.

You could kill me in an instant, but why haven’t you? Do you want me to suffer? Or are you simply calculating how to defeat me against this game of chess?! I’ve planned this out for months, you can’t kill m-“  

Superman had punched Slade, but just before Slade fell to the ground, Clark flew back to space and orbited the sun a few more times. Flying back to Earth, Slade was just about to fall onto the ground. Superman rushed towards him to give him another blow to the chest, till he felt a sudden embrace. Deathstroke had picked up the knife that was tossed, and stabbed Clark in the stomach. Touching the ground, Clark fell onto his knees, with one hand supporting him on the ground, he held his new wound while blood was coughed out. Gaining his strength backup, Superman stood to Deathstroke as he noticed a sharp piece of ice was sticking out from the ground.         

Rushing to it, Superman picked it up and charged to Deathstroke, Deathstroke quickly stepped out of the way as Clark ran pass him. Quickly, Slade took out his pistols and fired all his bullets upon Superman’s back. Deathstroke began to walk toward Clark who now lay upon the white freezing floor.

 “You see, Superman, I had all my weapons and my armor customized to take you down. This here is where you die. Not sure if you didn’t hear, but there isn’t any heartbeats coming from your fortress. Don’t worry, there were never any hostages. Poor old Bruce, he found out the hard way.”

 “YOU… Y- YOU WON’T G-GET AWAY WITH THIS! I’LL KILL YOU MYSSELF!

Superman dodge towards Deathstroke, but again Slade moved out of the way. As he moved to the side, Slade took out his favored sword, and nearly cut the man of steel in half. Clark fell once more to the ground, and for once in a long time, he felt human. He felt the pain any man would gain in a fight, the loss of blood, the thought of knowing you aren’t untouchable, the feel of the cold icy weather, and the acceptance that death has finally came. Grabbing Clark by his hair, Slade kneeled to him. Lifting up the front piece of his helmet, they were now face to face. Slade then had pressed his sword against Clark’s neck with a devilish grin.

“And so it seems that truly the Gods have fallen on this day.” Superman tried to say his last words, but he was coughing and bleeding out too much. And then on that dreadful moment, the god among us had been beheaded. Lifting the head of one of his contracts as if it was a trophy, he had nothing to say but, “So much for man of steel.

© 2015 DhaVerd


Author's Note

DhaVerd
I began on this a while ago, tried to get it up but wouldn't let me. Tired as I'm putting this up, sorry for mistakes. Leave comments or thoughts below please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

768 Views
Added on February 3, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2015
Tags: deathstroke, batman, superman, justice league, death, gruesome, heroes, mercenary, assassin, crime, villain, gothic

Author

DhaVerd
DhaVerd

CA



About
I am a nerd, gamer, larper, and a big comic book fan. I love to write especially of my feelings or just a story that I find fascinating. I don't really have much friends, but that doesn't get too down.. more..

Writing