REVENGEANCE (revised)

REVENGEANCE (revised)

A Screenplay by DhaVerd

Jason: After this long and I finally have your attention?

Batman: Jason, I-

Jason: What?I tried to save you’? You think that I’m upset that you didn’t save me?

Batman: Yes. I tried to rescue you, but I wasn’t there in time. I failed you.

Jason: You failed me by letting this derange lunatic live! Bruce, I’m not grudging that you didn’t save me, I’m grudging that this sick clown is still breathing!

Batman: Jason… I can’t go killing men. It’s not my way. After you died and I confronted Joker I almost did kill him-

Jason: Don’t give me that crap. I’m sick of all you heroes being too afraid to get your hands dirty. I’m not saying to end every scum you come across, I’m talking about him!

Joker scoots toward Jason>

Joker: HAHAHAHA! Oh so much fun this is! We have our own little Dr. Phil show right here! H-hey boy; tell me, do you have daddy issues?

Jason: SILENCE YOU FREAK! Tick me off and I will end you!

Joker: Funny, last I checked it was I who ended your life, which also had a tick.

Jason aims his gun towards the Joker to inform him to be silent.

Joker: You’re no fun…

Jason: This lunatic killed me, he killed me and it was all a joke to him. You played along with it by letting him live.

Batman: Jason, it’s all a game to him, just as it was all but a game to you-

Jason: I HAD one second to accept my death. I only had ONE second to accept that I wouldn’t see tomorrow, that I wouldn’t ever see you again. One second.

Batman: Jason… I… I know that was difficult for you, something I’ve never taught you. I never taugh-

Joker: I DON’T know about you two, but it seems to be getting rather serious in here.

Joker begins to scoot closer to Jason.

Joker: Tell me boy, have you ever thought that some things that are dead are… Well meant to be dead?!  

Batman looks to Joker and motions toward him, silencing the Joker as he mumbles under his breath.

Batman: Jason, I’m sorry.

Jason: Oh, you’re “sorry”?! If you’re apologizing to me then it better be an apology for not ending this psychopath! How many more people does he have to hurt till it’s been enough?!

Batman: I’VE TRIED, more than once and each time I almost just cut the strings! There would be nothing happier to me than avenging your death. You don’t know how many times I almost have.

Joker: Wow, you really are a Dark Knight. You really had me believing that you were going to kill me! Hahaha, and here I thought I knew you better.

Batman: We began off with your sick little game; it began getting more and more dangerous. I can’t give you the agony you’ve caused, but I sure as hell can bring you close to it!

Batman begins to move closer to Joker, but Jason places his hand onto Batman’s shoulder as he also pushes him back.

Joker: SAVE ME!

Jason: I couldn’t move on in life without you, I would’ve killed this scum! But you, you didn’t make him face justice, you ignored him and ignored me, and you even have a new sidekick.

 Batman: I had to move on! This is all part of your game; you want me raged, to do what should’ve been done. But no Jason, I won’t.

Jason: Really?! You won’t stop him from hurting anyone else?! I get that you had to move on, but you might’ve just spat on my grave keeping Joker alive. Would you have stopped him if it was your special prodigy rather than me?!

Batman looks down as his face reveals pain.  

Jason: That’s it, tonight is the night that he gets the last laugh!

Joker: Whoa, whoa, whoa… Whoa. To be fare there is nothing you have against me on trial. Batsy, take the boy’s toy; he’s beginning to get triggery

Jason: THE GAME ENDS TONIGHT!     

Joker: No, no, no, nnnnooo! The game ended years ago when you were dead! Once when the first little Robby left the nest I had Batman all to myself! Just as it was meant to be... But then you came along!  If it should be anyone angry tonight it shouldn’t be you or Birdbrain, it should be me! You ruined everything! Everythi-!

A loud bang erupts and unleashes silence. Jason fired his gun in the air, silencing joker and spooking Batman and the clown along with his scream.

Jason: ENOUGH!

© 2014 DhaVerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on April 16, 2014
Last Updated on April 16, 2014
Tags: batman, robin, jason todd, joker, red hood, clown, vigilante, acting, dc comics

Author

DhaVerd
DhaVerd

CA



About
I am a nerd, gamer, larper, and a big comic book fan. I love to write especially of my feelings or just a story that I find fascinating. I don't really have much friends, but that doesn't get too down.. more..

Writing