Kaitlin's Wonder Years

Kaitlin's Wonder Years

A Story by DianaRosado
"

The Wonder Years and straggles Kids go to as the grow older and there changes....

"

                Hi!

My name is Kaitlin &

                                This is my story …

I am like any other girl on the outside but only if you really knew me you could see otherwise.  Life was really simple when I was younger but as I grew I began to see how difficult it really was. Well is time to tell you what I mean….

                I live in a little town where everyone knew each other it was the best place; I felt happy and bless. My best friends lived close by so I never got bored; there was always a new adventure. Melissa my friend who I knew senses I could walk lived across the street from me so she was always around. I was an only child so Melissa was like a sister to me and another daughter to my parents. I could tell her everything including my deep secrets she was always there for me. My best boy friend was Kevin, I knew him pretty much the first day I was in the Hospital; Kevin was born February 13 at 11:58pm & I was born February 14 at 12:00am it was like we were meant to be best friend from day one. Kevin was kind, funny but most of all he was sweet.

                On my first birthday Kevin’s mom & my mom decided to make two birthdays in to one. I don’t remember much, but for what my mom told me it was a great idea. I stared walking when I was about one in half it was impressing when my mom told me. Well enough with baby stories….

                During the summer of 1999: it was hard to go outside the heat was a bad friend; all we wanted to do was to go in the pool and stay there all day long.   But like any other kids the boys on the street played football. Melissa and I were in front of my house, when the means kid in the bloc throw the ball directly at us; Kevin stand up for us he was brave. After a couple of minutes chuck (the bully) came back and attack Kevin so I when to get my cousin Jamie so he could stop the fight, I was so glad when Jamie defended Kevin. The next morning Kevin saw me and said Hi how are you doing I said great and you? He said I am good. I thought I should ask if he ready for school in two weeks; so I said ready for school he said not really you? “It’s going to be a wonderful adventure” and I smile well see you then said Kevin as he when to his house.

First day of middle school:  I was nervous but as I walk to the bus stop I saw Kevin & his best friend Mike. When we got to school we look at each other’s classes and I had homeroom with Kevin I was relief and so was he. Melissa was home school so we did not see her till the afternoon. Homeroom was boring but somehow Kevin mannish to made it fun by just being funny. The day was starting well my teachers were really nice especially Ms. Rose my English teacher. Her class was the last one of the day and I had Kevin in that class as well. Are first assignment was to act a play that we had to pick at random so I pick it & I got Romeo & Juliet with my partner Kevin, he was surprise and so was I.  We decided to stay after school to work on it with the teacher.  Kevin & I practice for about an hour then we decided to head home.  As we were on our way home Kevin told me that I look different in a good way. I said thank you and smile then he offer to carry my books, I said “that’s very kind of you”. Finally we got home he said we’ll see you tomorrow Kaitlin I said see you Kevin, he watch me as I when inside.

                On Tuesday I did not go to school because I had an eye cheek up to get my contact lances, so after that mom decided to buy me new close for the new school year. When my mom and I got home Kevin was waiting for me to give me all the homework I had miss for the day, my mom said “come in Kevin,” “thanks Mrs. Carter.” Kevin said as he asked me “why you didn’t go to school.”  And I said “I had an eye cheek up.” Then he said “Well I had something to say Kaitlin.” I said “what is it?” He is like, “Ms. Rose change my partner for the assignment” I said “it’s ok Kevin you will do find.” “Well Kevin you should go home” mom said “yes Mrs. Carter,” he said “Kevin wait I said thanks for bringing all that I had miss for today you are an amazing friend;” “oh no problem any time BFF” and he smile. After dinner I head to my room to get started on my school work. I found a note that said and I quote “I think you are a wonderful and beautiful can I take…” and I thought it was from Kevin so I save it to ask him in the morning. As I finish my homework I started to think “what is that note about?”

                 Is Wednesday morning and I felt like I did not sleep at all I wonder why oh yeah! That note had every bone in my body thinking what did it mean was it for me or for some one else? As I walk down the steers mom said “breakfast is ready;’’ I sat down like always and mom asked “is something wrong you’re not eating” and I said “I am not hungry” I got up and left to the bus stop. “Hey Kaitlin” it was Kevin I said “I have something that you left in my homework papers” he said “I did?” “Yeah here” I said as he is like “that’s not mine.” I got in the bus feeling stupid and a bad friend but like a great friend he goes are you ok I said I feel bad for what I said, he said it ok it was just a question.  I got to school and ask my math teacher that if he saw anyone attaching a note to my homework? he said no didn’t not sorry. After school I when to my locker to put the books in their  places as I close my locker I heard a guy’s voice  he said got my not as I turn around I thought who could that be? And then I said I don’t know you, it turns out that I did knows   who he was; it’s  the most hot guy in school as all the girl call him his name was Jason I sad thanks for the note ( it was weird). I left after saying thanks, Jason was like “Hey!!!” wait I was not done, “but I am”.

Thursday: That Morning was really wonderful my cousin made breakfast and he had a full play day because he only had to live first thing in the afternoon.

                Friday my favorite day of the week I was really happy.  Then my mom got a call that would turn my smile in to sadness. When my mom ended the call she told me I need to talk to you; I said yes mom what is it? She said is your cousin Jaime he had an accident; I said what kind? Is he ok? Mom said no he has pass away at that moment I ran out the door and went to my favorite place to hid; this is where I went all the times I was mad or sad the only one that knew was Kevin, I was thinking about my cousin and all the good times we had together.  It was getting cold and at the same time the wind started. Kevin saw me there he was looking at me waiting for the right moment then I heard something I stared then he came out and sat next to me then he said, Sorry about Jaime, it’s getting cold here have my jacket as Kevin put his jacket on me he put his arm around my holder and hugged me I stared at his big brown eyes, he was so warm and he had always been there in the good and the bad times. After a while I look in to his eyes again and smile for a second; then at that moment Kevin looks at me and put his hand on my chick and moves forward and kisses me. I thought mom must be worry so I said we should get back it was a weird moment for both of us.

 

                Saturday: I was so tired I did not sleep at all last night I thought all this was a night mired; Mom came to get me and said “you have to get ready to go down”. I thought to myself I am not going down, but my mom said I want you down when you’re ready. As I was coming down the steers Kevin walk truth the door. I sat on the corner away from everyone as I sat and thought of my cousin; Kevin’s mom gave him a plate and said “here give this to Kaitlin she has not eaten try to get her to eat”. Kevin came up to me and said here you go I said “I am not Hunger” he said just take a bite just a bit, I eat just a bit of the food; Even in this moment I was a weird out by the kiss Kevin gave me yesterday and so was he, the rest of the services I was quiet and out of nowhere Melissa came I had heard she was out of town but she came to see how I was doing.

                My mom told me Melissa is going to stay over for two days, I was happy because I had not seen her for a while. The service was over and Kevin said good night and smiles, he did not know how good I felt when he cares for me. I said good night Kevin thanks for everything and Melissa and I went inside, we went up to my room and Melissa said how are you holding up? I said “ Ok missing Jamie a lot he was more than a cousin he was like a bother to me” Kaitlin he still is here in your heart, he is a part of you now said Melissa; I felt so much better. Kaitlin what happened while I was gone? Said Melissa I was like Kevin kissed me, her reaction was “OMG you guys kissed” I said yes we did but don’t tell ok?  I won’t I promised.  A week has pass senses Jaime is gone forever I miss him.  I was alone with my thoughts then Melissa walked up to me and said are you going to go this week? I said yes! For sure, Mom calls me inside for dinner so I said bye Melissa see you later. We had dinner but it was the first time we did not talk to each other it was depressing.  The phone ring it was my aunt, mom told my dad and I that she needed to go with my aunt for a while she was too depress so mom went to Miami for two weeks.

                BACK TO SCHOOL: Monday morning, I got up with a whole different aspect on life. I got to the bus stop and Kevin was waiting for me, “Kaitlin I am so glad you are going to school” said Kevin; “well Kevin I need to be here school will lead me to a good future” and I smile. The bus arrives we got on, he asked me about the kissed he said are you mad at me? I said why would I be and I touch his hand. Valentine’s Day was around the corner everyone was so excited (there was going to be a dance and the guys are spots to ask the girls out) I was excited as well but a little sad, I thought of my cousin “he told me once “I will always be your valentine” that made me feel special so I said and I will always be yours; he said Yeah right you will find a guy that would love you more than I do. Jamie was the best guy in the world to me; he was Kind, funny and sweet like sugar. I went into miss. Rose class and I sat next to Kevin as always, miss. Rose said write about a good memory that you have about someone special like your brother, sister, mom, dad or a friend, I told Miss Rose that I wanted to write about my cousin Jamie and she said I could write about anything.

 

© 2013 DianaRosado


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2013
Tags: Fiction, love, life, drama, reomantic, Wonder Years, Kids, Teens

Author

DianaRosado
DianaRosado

Dallas, TX



About
Hey Diana here I love music & Acting. I love God, Family & Friends. God is my Guide! I am a Puerto Rican & a Total Romantic. I am a Kpop Lover and a Korean Drama fan Music is my life. i am 23 years o.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Story by DianaRosado