Background Stuff - Introduction

Background Stuff - Introduction

A Chapter by Miss Evans
"

An introduction to the Caroline and Me project.

"

Why This is Important to Me:

   I'm coming to see a lot of things, and realize a lot of things.

 

   One of those things is that I can impact people the same way Stephenie Meyer did with Twilight, with something that is meaningful and encouraging of better kinds of behavior.

 

   I’ve begun to notice how ignorant and self-righteous people are, including myself, and I don’t like it. I’m trying to get better at living up to expectations that people have of me, whether they are from my parents, teachers, or my friends and their parents.

 

   I read a lot of those "personal story" books when I was younger. None of them were my story though. Everyone always adds some exaggeration onto their stories because they think it's so plain, and they don't give you a lesson they've learned. And then the people who do write their whole stories have unusual stories, which is why they want to share them. There should be something out there for the average teenage girl; whether she is Black, White, Mexican, whether she's Atheist, Christian, or Muslim.

   The one thing I can say for sure everyone has in common is life and the experiences in it. One thing girls really connect on is boys. I want a chapter dedicated to that.

     I want to write to girls, no matter race/religion/culture/sexuality or whatnot- Everybody needs encouragement, especially younger girls. I'm not going to encourage anything I wouldn't do myself, but I'm not going to be one of those people who only writes about "normal" people.

Goals & Purposes:

1. Caroline & Me is meant to tell the story of a thousand girls. Since I want to start it off online, I think it would be great to ask readers (once a fan-base is established) for their experiences, and include some of their stories in the collection.

2. Everyone who reads this should come away with something. I don't want to write something that doesn't inspire thought.

3. I want the project to be complete by 2014. Since that's when I'll be graduating HS, that's really when I'll stop being a girl, technically.

4. I want this to be a shared project. I'm hoping my girl-friends will join me in the adventure, and possibly my guy-friends too, depending on how the first round goes.



© 2012 Miss Evans


Author's Note

Miss Evans
This is really just a background chapter, so feel free to leave comments, not much to critique though...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can't wait until you start putting up some stories. If you want me to, I'd be glad to contribute, but I don't really know what to write about as of now. It would help if you could maybe post up an example or something. Anyways, I can't wait to see more! Sounds like a really great idea :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can't wait until you start putting up some stories. If you want me to, I'd be glad to contribute, but I don't really know what to write about as of now. It would help if you could maybe post up an example or something. Anyways, I can't wait to see more! Sounds like a really great idea :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. - applauds-
I look forward to the first official post.

* 100 *

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an amazing and well-thought-out goal. I can't wait to read it, and if you ever need something for it, I'll be happy to contribute. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2012
Last Updated on January 18, 2012



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MYNA MYNA

A Poem by ~Dragon X


One Door Shut One Door Shut

A Chapter by Miss Evans