Prologue (Original)

Prologue (Original)

A Chapter by Miss Evans
"

An introduction to a most peculiar character, the only Miss Lynnette Bloom.

"

Lynnette! Darling, you will be behind schedule!” My mother called from downstairs. I sighed and fastened my necklace. “Get down here young lady! This carriage is to be off without you, by God almighty, you are…”

I walked out of my bedroom, grabbing my satchel on the way. I fixed it over my shoulder, brushing the wrinkles in my dress. My sister was waiting at the bottom of the stairs with my mother, who looked like a strawberry in the face.

My name is Lynnette Danielle Ambrosia Bloom. I am nearly sixteen, just nearly. I live on a rather large estate in a little place called Bloodridge, which is of course in England. That being said, my family is not overly rich, just rich bordering on middle-class. It’s been this way since the beginning; the Bloom family has been slightly above average. But not so far above average that they were, well we were, considered “high-class”.

“You shan’t get off with causing mother such worry and stress much longer. Father will-” My sister began, before I interrupted her. Saying what I knew she was to say.

“Father will send me off to our gracious aunt Marlene, yes. I am quite aware of that.” I was aware of it, very much so. But nobody ever considered the fact that I might actually fancy my aunt Marlene. She was not very gracious, as I said that to be sarcastic with Margot. Yes, Margot was always the timid one. I’ve always been quite the opposite. Most people would say this is because of my age, being the youngest in my family.

I tend to gravitate towards the more adventurous side of life, the curious side that is filled with wonders and unknown facts. I live on the side that defies the usual standards. The side that does not believe only men should wear pants, or that all ladies must wait for their male counterparts to ask them to a ball. If everyone believed the same thing, we would live in a dull and uneventful world. I refuse to live in that world.

And so I tell you my tale, the tale of when my life became understatedly perplexing, and most utterly curious.



© 2012 Miss Evans


Author's Note

Miss Evans
Critiques and reviews are very welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wait. Hold on. You wrote this when you were twelve?!! O_O Whoa. The whole old-fashioned theme is amazing :) *mumbles about geniusness and reads on*

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 30, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012
Tags: Prologue, Fiction, Amusing