Reviews

Reviews

A Story by DiskartetHaraya

Tired of lack of comments? Overly sugar-coated reviews? One-track interpretations? Me too. But instead of complaining, let's be proactive. Comment on this thread; all I expect in return for a review is basic human decency. Please don't slip on a banana peel and forget to say thank-you. ;)

Rules:

>Any topic except love, heartbreak, or p.orn (by p.orn I mean erotica that has se.x scenes that don't really matter to the story; erotica is fine if it has a purpose).

>No rants and journal entries. Confessional is fine, but then make sure you know the difference between a documentary and a movie inspired by a true story.

>No children's literature. Contrary to popular belief, writing children's lit is more challenging than whatever else. Besides experts, the best audience to test them on are children.

>Maximum of two per writer. Please specify genre, title, and link on this thread.

***

>For poetry:
-Preference for free verse, prose, and experimental forms.
-I avoid poems with evenly-spaced rhymes (e.g. at the end of each line). I'd rather they're free flowing (like in spoken word) and scattered. (If you have evenly-spaced rhymes, that doesn't necessarily mean your work isn't good. It's just that I'm unlikely to read it.)
-Poem without focus on rhymes is fine.
-Preference for poems with more than one emotion.

>For essays:
-Preference for a topic that's new, has a fresh take, or has a stance people will disagree with.
-Literary essays VERY welcome. 

>For fiction:
-Short stories and the first chapter of a book are ok.
-Limitation: If it has jargon or references, don't expect me to know every single one of them. Even if I do Google them, the truth is most people won't. Accept the fact that you may be writing for a very specific audience.

***

>Disclaimer: This is not first-come first-serve. I'm human. Personally I'd get bored reading five short stories one after another, or five works from different genres that have the same topic, etc. Wait patiently.
>Tips to get ahead in line: (a) Ask specific questions you want me to consider about your work. (b) Tell me what's the best strength of your work or why should I read it. (c) Uncommon title.

© 2017 DiskartetHaraya


Author's Note

DiskartetHaraya
I also accept feedback on my feedback. Rules: Just be objective.

This piece featured on the WritersCafe group called "O.B.J.E.C.T.I.V.E...R.E.V.I.E.W.S"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I think it will be great if this group have more members. And this group can really make difirence here. I think one of the problem is they don't know how give proper reviews . We are the poets not critics. I think you do so far good job with reviews. You give honest opinion in kind form. I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THIS GROUP AND I WILL TRY CONTRIBUTE BEST LIKE I CAN.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...

6 Years Ago

You welcome . I am very happy you are very active on this site. And yes we can learn from each other.. read more
DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Well, chuckles. I do have more time than I know what to do with. Still, even if I were busier I'd li.. read more
...

6 Years Ago

Great we are here to help each other and find more about ourself. That's what we do right.



Reviews

Hello, Glad to join the group. I love to review other's work, and would love to get mine reviewed as well. I'll be posting the first chapter of my story. Hope that's okay! :D

Posted 6 Years Ago


DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Hello. Welcome to the group! We're small and growing.

In the meantime, keep looking .. read more
I think this is a great idea and would love to contribute to have my work extensively reviewed. My goal is to become a better writer and that is what reviews are for. I'm glad you created this group for that.

Posted 6 Years Ago


DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Hello! Welcome to the group. Good to have you here.

As you can see, as of now there a.. read more
Final-Karma

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the warm welcome! Awesome! Most definitely that is actually a really good idea. That w.. read more
DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Great. Feel free to anytime.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I think it will be great if this group have more members. And this group can really make difirence here. I think one of the problem is they don't know how give proper reviews . We are the poets not critics. I think you do so far good job with reviews. You give honest opinion in kind form. I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THIS GROUP AND I WILL TRY CONTRIBUTE BEST LIKE I CAN.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...

6 Years Ago

You welcome . I am very happy you are very active on this site. And yes we can learn from each other.. read more
DiskartetHaraya

6 Years Ago

Well, chuckles. I do have more time than I know what to do with. Still, even if I were busier I'd li.. read more
...

6 Years Ago

Great we are here to help each other and find more about ourself. That's what we do right.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2017
Last Updated on October 23, 2017
Tags: reviews, comments, feedback, constructive, objective, criticism, writing, writerscafe

Author

DiskartetHaraya
DiskartetHaraya

Philippines



About
Hiraya or haraya? Whichever, I need to get myself a Filipino dictionary. The word means imagination, while the other word (diskarte) has something to do with street smarts or being business-minded.. more..

Writing