Can't get enough

Can't get enough

A Story by Ryan McAuley
"

a short

"

Nick held Stephanie around the waist and smiled down at her. They had spontaneously started to dance in the kitchen, music playing in the background but they didn’t keep beat with it, they had their own. Neither wanted to speak and ruin the mood as they continued to turn, holding each other close. She rested her head on his chest listening to his heart and felt the rhythm of his breathing.

He couldn’t help but say something, “you know I’ll be fine, and back here in no time at all.” They continued to spin but she pulled back a little to look up in his eyes.

“I know,” a tear wandered down her cheek and she sighed, “I miss you already and you aren’t even gone.”

He wiped the tear away with a thumb, ending up holding her chin up so he could kiss her. “I’ll only be deployed for six months, it will be quick.” Barry continued singing in the background, “can’t get enough of your love…”

© 2009 Ryan McAuley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on March 23, 2009

Author

Ryan McAuley
Ryan McAuley

RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I was born in the city of Landstuhl in Germany. At the time my father was in the Air Force so from there we moved to Texas, then to Arizona. We lived there until my father retired from the Air Forc.. more..

Writing
in work in work

A Story by Ryan McAuley


progress progress

A Story by Ryan McAuley


In Work In Work

A Story by Ryan McAuley