The Opposite of Progress

The Opposite of Progress

A Story by Some Random Person.
"

More like an article one would read in the Newspaper

"

 If pro and con are opposites, then is congress the opposite of progress? In recent times, the answer would be yes. Early this year, with the Fiscal Cliff deliberation, Congress sure has shown its procrastination side. Even when they finally decided to pass the bill, they didn’t. Instead, Congress just pushed the date off to February of this same year. Does this make any sense?

 

Now, my standing on the Fiscal Cliff is irrelevant, but what is relevant is what Congress is doing, or more accurately, what they’re not doing. Congress in President Obama’s first term was dreadfully the opposite. They would not pass any laws, nor would they communicate and work together. The question that always occurred in many of your minds is “What are we paying for you to do?” and “Why did we elect you?”

 

Those questions are very important to everything today. Our Congress has gotten so out of control in their selfishness and their wish for power, which they all have forgotten about what really is important: the people of this country. As former Republican Presidential Candidate once said, and I quote, “There are 47% of people who will vote for the president no matter what.” Basically, this 47 percent of people don’t matter- to ROMNEY. He, for instance, forgot that many of these people are swing voters- that means Romney didn’t give them a reason to vote for him. One of the reasons he lost was because he has no idea how it is for regular, middle-class, or even poverty families live. The Romney family have always had their money, and Mrs. Romney never worked a day in her life. How can they possibly know how we feel?

 

Now, I’m not saying that Obama is much better, but at least the Obamas are more active in their community, and trying to help the poor- Something that Romney has no concept of, despite claims of being Christian- even if he is a Mormon.

 

Furthermore, Romney has no respect for women, nor their rights. The Republican Party keeps trying to redefine Rape, which is, in all sense, neurotic.

 

To those who are in Congress reading this, get a move on and stop fighting. You are not helping you, nor us. You are the reason why this country is not advancing, nor going forward. Stop playing your blame-games, arguing inconsistent arguments, and get on with your job: making and agreeing to laws that help make the United States a safer, better place to live for all, NOT just the rich.

© 2013 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So anything that you all think I can improve on?
Keep in mind: I'm a Democratic, would've voted for Obama: Only, I'm fifteen....
427 words...
I still don't understand the Fiscal Cliff, so if any of you can explain it, please do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If pro and con are opposites, then is congress the opposite of progress?

^Words cannot describe how much I love that statement.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing