The Library Curse

The Library Curse

A Story by Some Random Person.
"

Annabell falls asleep in the HCPL Barbra Bush Branch and has the dream, the dream of the Library Curse

"
"I fell asleep, as it were. Then to see, It can't be, a shadow waving. Lights are out, when I wake, I found the voice of the one who spoke." That's a poem I wrote about a week after this story happened. Hello, my name is Annabell. This story is about a dream I've had. I call it the Library Curse.
I fell asleep in my new library, I had moved, you see. The sleep came as hard as a frozen tree branch, and believe me when I say it actually happened. I used to live in Siloam Springs, until last summer, that is. Now I'm at the Barbra Bush Branch, Harris County Public Library. This library is much larger than the Siloam one was, and yes a bit closer. Anyway, I slept even if I didn't want to. Then the nasty, scary dream came. Prepare yourselves. "Haaa-lllooo? H...E...L...P...!"
Then I woke; everything was dark. Did I sleep the day away? How do I get out? Questions swarmed in my head. It was blacker than a black cat's furry black coat. Then a great wisp of cold air shivered down my spinal tube... and it was colder than Arkansas' cold winters. Darkness and coldness... Whatever next? Oh, you just wait. Much is yet to come. The scary part hasn't even come yet.
"Mrs. Loony? Hello? Anyone here? Mrs. Loony, where are you? Mr. Gonzalas? Donde estas?" I searched for any person-I didn't care who I found, I just searched. Mrs. Loony was the librarian, along with her colleague and friend, Mr. Gonzalas. Mr. Gonzalas was from Mexico, and only spoke Spanish. He was the Spanish librarian and library janitor. There still wasn't an answer. "H...E...L...P...!" There it was again, the call for help. By now, of course, I'm very petrified. Barely able to see, I couldn't move, I was that scared. How would anyone NOT be scared? I mean, coldness and darkness...Then cries for help, and even that's not enough! THere was a shadow that didn't seam to have a corpse! Ca-reeep-ey!
I ran to find my cell phone. Wait, where is it? I can't see anything! The computers are off, as are the lights. The sun isn't visible. How in the name of Mother Earth am I supposed to find my stupid cell phone?  Then I heard it again, the same cry for help. It sounded sad,raspy and so very scared. It was a male voice, frustraited and scared. Just the, I saw a little movement in the closet, but I decided that it would be safer to not  enter then to enter. Had I actually gone in... I shudder in the thought.  I was, to be most honest, very petrified, very scared, very terrorized. Then I saw it again, the shadow that doesn't have a corpse. The Shadow was now in the middle of the room, as if it was a ghost. Then it started coming after me. I screamed and ran to the door and jiggled it, but it wouldn't budge a millimeter. "Oh, crap!" I thought. "what in the name of Mother Earth is going on?" I needed to get out, that much I was sure I knew. But how? How am I going to get out of this situation? How am I going to leave, and get out alive? From the looks of it, the Shadow-guy wasn't here to play. He was here to KILL! He launched himself-I was sure it was a he-at me agian... then I fell... then...then...I was sure I was going to die. He came closer, and closer, and closer, and closer... then... Then...
I woke up with a daze, sweating like crazy. The lights were on, as if it never happened. As if it was a dream. As if it was just made up. What if it actually was a dream? I looked down and saw the books I was reading before I fell asleep. The book that was open was Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. That figures, I thought. It probably scared me so badly that when I fell asleep it... it... it gave me that very frighting dream. The dream of The Library Curse.

© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
This was for my English class... I hope you enjoy this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not a bad story really just need some help I have emailed my findings to you. Even though you should put in third person. I will give you some credit in giving a introduction to the person is telling the story. But strongly believe it would better in third person.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really good! I had my share of scary dreams after reading something creepy. The idea was very good! But maybe you should get rid of one of the "then...Then"s. It left me a little confused on where I was and I had to go back and reread. Otherwise great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Those old and scary libraries. I lived in Detroit. The libraries were old and beautiful. Could create a fright if locked in. I like this story. Took me on a scary journey with you in your words. A excellent story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

"It was blacker than a black cat's furry black coat." It's redundant. "It was darker than a black cat's soft fur" And I wouldn't use spinal tube, just use spine. And to add suspense, I wouldn't mention the first paragraph until the very end. And when you talk about the librarian and Mr. Gonzalas, I would say something like "...."Mrs. Loony?" I called out for the librarian. "Mr. Gonzalas?" I made a desperate attempt to find someone else in the row of books."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A very good write! I like how it was a dream:) I thought it was a nice touch! Keep up the good work:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
I really liked this, until the final paragraph!!! It was so good, and then it was all a dream?? nooo! I really hate that in a write - especially when you could so easily transform it into something stronger, which I hope you will do, and scrap the dream ending! nice writing though! and nice ideas!!! good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like this... Keep up the work, just create your own world...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

733 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2011
Tags: Horror, Scary, Libraries

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~I Learned~ ~I Learned~

A Poem by Pax


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Lane Craver


writing writing

A Poem by Pax


Keep Up Keep Up

A Chapter by Pax