Dear Congress(wo)man 3 (Nancy Pelosi)

Dear Congress(wo)man 3 (Nancy Pelosi)

A Story by Some Random Person.
"

Another letter.

"
Dear Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi,

I agree with most of what you stand for. I also and happy that the U.S.'s first woman to serve as Speaker of the House is a Democrat, therefore, you. Just to get that out of the way.

Now, on with the not-so-good things. First question, Why do Democrats and Republicans always go against each other? I mean, if a Democrat writes a bill, and the voting comes, why is it that the Republicans vote against it, but when a Republican writes the same bill, Democrats vote against it? That is the question I've always had. Then at debates between two parties, they sometimes resort in name-calling. Now, I'm not innocent in name-calling, but still, look at what it teaches the kids and other people who are watching the debate. What do they see/think?

My second question is a bit harder. Do you realize that we depend on foreign oil because when they run out, we'll be the only option? Yes, you probably don't want to think about our oil supply running out, do you? Well, time to face it, it's going to run out soon, and we'll be the only ones with oil, then the rest of the world will have no choice but to buy from us. True, we are developing solar panels and such, but how long will The Sun be a good source of energy? The Sun will die eventually. 

Alright, third question. While I was surfing your page, I noticed you use the word "Vibrant" a lot. Sorry, but I would like a little more widespread choice of words. Though that point doesn't have anything to do with my actual question, I just thought I'd point it out. Why did you refuse to impeach President George W. Bush? I, and a lot of Americans, marched, rode, and drove to impeach that President. Why didn't you just kick him out? It would've been a lot better for the Americans, especially those who are immigrants, or aren't white. 

And like all my letters to you Congressmen, I will ask you my parting question, "What will Jesus think?"

Sincerely,
N. Elizabeth L. Jaco

© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Okay, I thought I'd write to a Democrat or a woman, and here's both, in one package!

So, what did you think about it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A strong letter. Always good to be positive and negative. Allow you to soften the questions later in the letter. I agree with your logic. It is time to take-off the title of Democrat or Republican. Become representatives for the people who need them fixing problems. Not causing them. A outstanding letter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Much more polite than your other ones. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've always wondered about what we'll do after we run out of oil. I personally think that solar power is a good idea because according to science (or what my science teachers tell me) the sun will last for thousands of more years. :) Great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A strong letter. Always good to be positive and negative. Allow you to soften the questions later in the letter. I agree with your logic. It is time to take-off the title of Democrat or Republican. Become representatives for the people who need them fixing problems. Not causing them. A outstanding letter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..