Seperation

Seperation

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

After we talked a bit, Shelby went to work at the cafe. She was a waitress, or shall I say, pretending to be a waitress.
"We should go to some place more private." I said, eyeing Shelby, making sure she wouldn't try anything.
We quickly finished our drinks and ate the brownie when Elizabeth said, "Lets go to the park." I wondered why she 'd say that. "More privacy. I'd say the library, but its too quiet and we'd have eavesdroppers there." 
Elizabeth got up first, followed by TIberius and Haylee. I was the last person to stand because I wanted to make sure that we weren't going to be followed. "Let's take a long route." I suggested.
"Good idea. We should shake them off our trail." Elizabeth said.
So we circled the downtown once or twice then ended in the Twin Springs City Park. 
"I thought you meant the park by the library." I said, nodding towards the direction of the library. 
"That one is a bit too far to watch the action at the Cafe." Elizabeth replied.
"Clear enough." I said. Then to the look on Haylee's face, "Why we'd be here insteead of the other park." She didn't look convicned. I put it out of my mind and decided to look at the fountain.
The fountain in question was originally built in the early 1900s. It was the city's pride. It worked off and on, and finally, a couple of years ago, they hired a person in Little Rock to come and fix it. Only he didn't fix it, instead, he built a new fountain and said he fixed it. Now, even the new fountain didn't work.
So I was stairring at a new fountain that replaced the old fountain, and neither of them worked. I got bored at looking at the newer fountain so I went to the garden portion of the park. There were flowers of all kinds there. Dafodills, Daisies, Irises, roses, sunflowers, Lilies, and Tulips. At least, that's all that I could point out. There were a couple of purple flowers that stank like (Excuse the French) Crap.
 I got tired at starring at crappy smelling purple flowers, so I went to the bridge and peeked over the top. There, the creek shined brightly as one or two fish jumped up and down in it's waters. There were fountains beutifully shooting water into the creek. I looked further, and at first I thought it was a rock, I saw a turtle move. There, I stood for a while watching the turtle without moving a muscle. Then, to my great greivenace, the turtle went down into the water where I could not see him.
So I searched the creek for something else to watch until I saw that a stick moved. I looked closer, and it wasn't at all a stick, it was a water mocosin, the world's deadliest snake. A few minutes of watching the water snake, and Elizabeth abruptly came running into me and pulling me to move on. I was bewildered for a minute, then realized why. 
We had company. With a white van and a chainsaw. Shelby and Gertinald are sure not letting up, are they?
__~*@*~__

I know, I know. I shouldn't have grabbed him like that. You're probably thinking that I am crazy and rude for grabbing him like that. Truth, I didn't even know if that van held them, but I did know that we've been here way too long.

Maybe I shouldn't have grabbed him like that. There are, after all, other ways of going. Like maybe telepathy?

Anyways, right after I grabbed him and we were running, I actually saw them in the van. 

I grabbed my Walkie-Talkie and spoke into it. "Ti, go to point BA-NON and stop, Check. Elly, go to point Lie-Cree. Con, go to pont Twispri  L.K.E. and drive down low. Ren Four. Triangle disterbed." Code words are fun, don't you think? Ti, or Haylee was going to Beethoven Avenue to check and find out information. Hopefully, the van'll follow me, Elly, who was going to the Creek/Library. Con, Elijah, was going to be at Twin Springs United Church for reinforcements. This way, we were in a triangle. Of course, communications were disrupted because of some people who are magic, disterbed is a reason. NO communication.

We each had a set of tools, weapons with us. Mine are a razor cross and an exploding ring. Haylee's are a dog named Tiberius, and a silver plated knife. I also tied a cross onto my motor scooter that she was borrowing.

Elijah, of course, had the best tools of all of us. He had a sunfloweretied-flashlight and a razor sharp bookmark. The sunflowerflashligh was a specialty. It was made to burn vampires in night or day. For that reason, he didn't need a cross. The flashlight would kill a vampire even if he "Sparkled in the sunlight" and not burned. It would kill a "Daylighter" or whatever else vampires. Vampires would BURN to death by this flashlight.

So, whatever you say, we are now armed and ready for almost whatever they plan to through at us. Hopefully, it's enough to kill them fully.

__~*@*~__

When I got Elly's call, I was surprised that she'd sent me to BA. That's what I call Beethoven's Avenue. Get used to it, because if I have to meantion it, it's BA.

Anyways, I moved there quickly, and thanks to Tiberius, I was protected minimally. Oh, and I had those ‘Improvements’ on me.

 

I went to the street and found a better area and shut of the scooter. I then took off all the weapons that could be useful and grabbed Ti’s leash.

 

I knocked on a house that looked lived in. To my surprise, the owner answered.

 

“Hello?” a growling voice said, answering the door.

 

“Uh…” I faltered, “Can I ask you a couple of questions about this house?” I asked pointing to the lot we’d been yesterday.

 

“That drunken yard?” He said, lightened up a bit. He said Drunken, not Junk yard. I hate the language people here sometimes use. “What of it?”

 

“Well, uh, you see, I was trying to find out who owned it. I have a friend looking for a place, and he’d like this one.” I said, hoping he’d believe me.

 

Surprisingly, he did. “Oh, that damn drunk yard is owned by an evildoer. You don’t want to cross him.” Funny, he said drunken yard again. Moreover, what’s that about a cross? Previously, I put on my cross from home.  Subconsciously, I reached up to my neck and fingered it.

 

Still, it took me aback. “What’d you mean?” I asked the man.

 

“Well, he’s a tempered old legend without self respect. Much like his wife, who lives over there.” He said, pointing across the street.

 

“Can you give me his name?” I asked, fishing for some information.

 

“Yeah,” he said, “His name is Gertivarn, but he is more commonly known as Gertinald Cretin. Her name,” he said, then nodding at the house across the street that he previously pointed to, “Is Shelby Hurdle-Cretin.”

 

So, we were searching their house for leads yesterday. Very interesting. “Can you give me anymore information?” I asked, again fishing for information.

 

“How many legends do you believe in?” He abruptly asked me.

 

“Uh…” I said, taken aback. Again. “A few.” I replied after thinking about Elizabeth and Elijah.

 

“Interesting.” He said, “Well, let me tell you a story.” I waited. He looked at me as if wanting me to say something.

 

“Okay, what is it about?” I asked. I wanted all the information I can get.

 

“Once upon a dark time, there was a fierce king named Dracula.” He went on and on in his story about how dreadful and bloody Count Dracula was.

 

Fourty-five minutes later, he finished his story. I looked at my watch. Yikes. It read 8:30 p.m.

 

I had to go off and try to catch Elizabeth or Elijah. “Thank-you for your time and knowledge,” I said,  “But I’ve really got to go home now.” More like go find them, but  wasn’t going to tell him that.

 

“Well, be careful, young lady. Things in Siloam get crazy after dark.” Creepy. How’d he know all of this? I thought to myself as I walked back to my scooter.

 

Now, all I need is a nap. I thought while riding my scooter to the library.

 

_*_

 

When I got to the library, I met up with Elizabeth.

 

“I’ve got some new information for ya.” I said aloud, watching her carefully.








© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I know, I know, Old school Walkie Talkies are lame.... Just bare with me, okay?

Ugh, I hate Twilight. That's why I put up a Twilight referance....

There, sorry about the previous font problems.... Anyways, here are some questions:

What do you think about this chapter, this book so far?

Is there anything that I need to change? If so, what.

Do I need to put more dialogues in my chapters rather than monologues, or monologues more than dialogues?

Who, now, is your favorite character?

What do you think will happen?

What do you think about that guy who answered the door, was he good? Bad?

Thanks! :)

Anything else you think of, please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very strong chapter. I like the description of weapons and they were prepared for anything. A chapter with new people and more questions being raised. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought you did a good job on this chapter. And the book is coming along well. I still have to say Elizabeth and Elijah. Haylee can just go away and never come back. I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I say you have a fair amount of both dialogue and monologue. The guy at the door was a little weird. Some spelling mistakes, but you were probably typing to fast to see them. Read it through carefully and you'll catch them. Great chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. lol this book is good just keep writing !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought it was a great chapter. The man at the door was a real creeper!
Geez! lol...but it was excellent. I loved the way she zoned out. This could
actually make a great movie script. The man at the door was jaded and a bit hard to read. Thats what made him steal the scene for a second.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Alright so I enjoyed reading this chapter! It was interesting and exciting to read.
I do like a lot of dialogue but that's just me. Dialogue makes it easier to pick up on others tones towards each other and I enjoy reading good conversation. But I liked this chapter just the way it was.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

688 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2011
Last Updated on July 1, 2011
Previous Versions

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Depression Depression

A Poem by JenLyn


Let It In Let It In

A Poem by A.Lee


Gemini Gemini

A Poem by Anonymous


Rescue Rescue

A Poem by Kat Plunkett