Preface

Preface

A Story by Dogbomb3
"

I bought a new notebook. I wrote this in it.

"
The shop assistant must have thought someone else was more deserving of this notebook because she gift wrapped it very thoroughly. But it's just for me, a gift to myself. I have to write something to break my duck. Poor duck! Why does it always have to be broken?

If I don't write anything, I'll just umm and ahh about whether this should be used for poems, songs, notes, ideas, stories or boring old addresses and numbers. One thing is for sure, I need it for new projects. 2016 is the year that I finally acted on writing and started doing it. I started entering competitions, submitting stuff and really living and breathing it. There is always a reason not to write but the best advice is surely to get started, trust your instincts and try to improve.

It's daunting seeing how much competition there is and how much there is to learn, but I hope that for me, this pocket book will take the place of the ubiquitous smartphone that I see in everyone else's grasp.

I know I can observe the unseen moments, and generate interest in those special moments, now I just have to translate that into text that people enjoy. But mostly that I enjoy.

I will carry you pocket book. I hope you bring me success in my writing, whatever that means.

Philip Charter, Ronda, Andalucía, Spain, 22 March 2016.

© 2016 Dogbomb3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty cool to be honest. the shop assistant was right, it was for someone who was really deserving. May I ask what do you teach?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dogbomb3

8 Years Ago

Hi Matthew, thanks for the review. I teach English to children and teens in Spain.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016

Author

Dogbomb3
Dogbomb3

Spain



About
I'm a British writer and teacher living in Andalucia, Spain. I have decided to focus on my writing in 2016 and will periodically upload stuff to Writers Café. I hope you enjoy my work, I wil.. more..

Writing
The ambush The ambush

A Poem by Dogbomb3