Made of Glass Chapter 27

Made of Glass Chapter 27

A Chapter by Charlie
"

Apparently I had the wrong chapter up here this whole time. I fixed it now though.

"

Eddie and I went to speak with Rosalie the next day as promised. The talk didn’t actually end up exactly like I imagined it would. I thought it would be best if we had Carlisle monitor the whole situation but I didn’t realize by telling Carlisle that I was actually inviting the entire family to sit in. Then after that there wasn’t a lot of talking. Mostly it was just six angry vampires sitting around a large table ganging up against Rosalie. She sat with her hands in her lap meeting each of her opponents with a cool gaze. She didn’t try to defend herself. She merely took it all in. I ended up feeling bad for her. I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be to be the sole member of the Dark Side. To be the last of anything and yet still standing up for what you believed had to be extraordinarily difficult. I think anyone else in the world would have given up ages ago. I gave her props for her stubborn determination and for not caring what others think of her.

Yet no one else seemed to care that she was getting it from all sides. No one cared that we had been doing this for over a half an hour. Whatever lesson was going to be learned from shouting at her was surely learned quite a while back. Enough was enough.

“That’s quite enough. I think she gets the point,” I said firmly as I stood up from the table. I turned to leave.

“Dolly,” Eddie tried to stop me.

“No, Edward. This is not what I meant by talk. I don’t want to be a part of this anymore.”

I stomped away from the gathering and continued out the front door. I didn’t really know where I was going. I could steal Eddie’s car or any car in their massive garage. They all left their keys in the ignition. I’m not really sure if that was my plan but I started to head in that direction when I heard my name called from the house this time from a very unlikely source.

I froze in my step and cautiously turned to face Rosalie walking toward me. Alone.

What was Eddie thinking? He says he was never going to leave me alone again and the very next day he leaves me alone with my ultimate nemesis!

“Relax. I told you I wasn’t going to kill you,” Rosalie said impatiently. She could at least be polite. Especially if she was apologizing. I wasn’t really sure that’s what she was doing right now though. I didn’t actually have any guess as to what she was doing.

Apparently she didn’t either. She stopped a couple of feet from me and just stood there saying nothing.

I decided to give her a suggestion as to where to start “An apology?”

“I’m not really sorry. I believe in my motives.”

Ugh! I had it with this girl!

“I’m not going to be hurting you or anyone in this family!” I practically shouted at her “I don’t get how everyone else can see that except you!”

“I’m not sure about that. You don’t even know everything you can do to this family.” Great. She was going to try and kill me again. “But the one thing I have learned from the reaction to this little incident: you leaving now would hurt everyone even more. Not just Edward but the entire family. I’m not ever going to like you but I guess I’ll put up with you. For their sakes.”

Huh. That wasn’t attempted murder. Not even close. It was closer to a truce. More of a armistice than a true peace but hey I would take it.

“That’s fine. I’m not ever going to like you either. Just as long as you stop trying to kill me.”

“I can agree to that.”

I extended my hand out to her. She stared at it disgusted for a moment. Then she sighed and briefly took it in a firm squeeze before turning away from me and marching back to the house.

Eddie was at my side before she made it back into the house. Strangely enough he still looked angry with me. Only he wasn’t actually thinking anything along those lines.

“You know what you’re problem is? You’re much too nice.”

I snorted. I didn’t feel nice. I felt frustrated and angry and tired and . . . relieved. We had finally come to an understanding. It had been a long road getting there but finally the destination was achieved even if it wasn’t where either of us wanted to be. It would do.

“I know. Can I go home now?”

Eddie wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. “Of course.”

 

Things got back to normal much faster than I thought they could. It turns out my fights with Eddie didn’t actually affect anything between us. If anything I felt even closer to him. The same was true of the rest of the Cullens. It was like I passed the final test and now I was officially one of them.

The worst fallout from the whole incident were the girls from the bar. They waited an entire twenty four hours before descending upon me and demanding the cause of the fight between Eddie and I. Everyone was much too interested in our relationship for them not to notice the tension that existed between us the day before. It started with Elaina politely prodding and probing and hinting in the general direction of our discord and ended with Lauren all out demanding what we were fighting about.

What was I to tell them? It was nothing really, his sister just tried to kill me is all. They simply did not understand the concepts of privacy. I ended up telling them a sort of made up truth about how Eddie’s sister had said something rude to me and I tried to tell Eddie it wasn’t a big deal but he thought it was a great big deal. I made up a peaceful ending about her apology and everyone went on their merry ways.

In truth, Eddie had put it best. We were never going to get a very happy ending.

So I had no choice but to enjoy the time I had now with what I had now. And I did have a lot. More than I thought I would ever have. With all the many problems and hazards that I was working through I was actually blissfully happy. I wouldn’t change any part of it for the world.



© 2012 Charlie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 28, 2010
Last Updated on February 6, 2012
Tags: made, glass, eddie, edward, twilight, dolly, fanfic, fanfiction, love, rosalie, cullen


Author

Charlie
Charlie

Omaha, NE



About
I'm a girl. I'm a big time fantasy lover and a closeted romanticist. And I'm an amateur writer who can't finish any of my own stories so I steal the plots of other ones I like!! A few of my favor.. more..

Writing