Synopsis

Synopsis

A Chapter by Domenic Luciani
"

first draft synopsis. more for you than me.

"

In a strange world of black skies and monolithic towers, a story is being told; of a scientist and his enormous machine with the power to draw those from our world to theirs.  In the scientist’s desperation to prove his invention useful, he activates it. At the same time, a young boy by the name of Fox living in nineteenth-century England accidentally falls into an old well on his family estate �" and is sent spiraling into this other-world. Almost two hundred years later, another victim arises: Three, an American soldier fighting in World War II who suffers from amnesia, waking from unconsciousness moments before his ship is attacked and sunk by a German submarine. Instead of drowning, he reappears in a sea off the coast of an enormous city. Not long after, a mute woman in Italy by the name of Sordina is sucked through her bathtub during an attempted suicide, and in current day New York City, Terrier �" leader of a small band of orphan runaways �" is kidnapped along with his friends and sent off to an unknown place. However, the trip goes amiss when the van carrying them is thrown off a bridge by an inexplicable explosion. While attempting to save the other children, Terrier is pulled down by the sinking van, losing consciousness in the process. When he wakes, he is in the house of a crazed watchmaker and his daughter, neither of which are able to explain how his body passed into a different world and washed ashore on their island. In the time that follows, all parties find themselves on different sides of a civil war, trying to survive this world and figure out how to return to theirs. All the while, a mysterious man in a restaurant seemingly knows the outcome of it all.



© 2010 Domenic Luciani


Author's Note

Domenic Luciani
just a synopsis. Feel free to comment, but it's not really necessary.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vee
It's compelling to read at the get-go. I'm gonna read this. I want to learn from you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maybe the mysterious man is the writer telling the story? (Lemony Snicket in A Series of Unfortunate Events did that well. He would pause and just remind you that he's writing it.) I really like this. Actually, for a synopsis, I LOVE it. Shorten it enough and it could go on the back of the next New York Time's bestseller.

Can't wait to begin the story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh yes, this is a wonderful tease. exactly what should happen with a synopsis, and they are surprisingly difficult to write....nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The story is good…
But to be frank…I feel …It is difficult for me to make out….the structure….
I think…I must read it once again…
perhaps it may because....
its a synopsis.....
I will go through the chapters soon...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your ideas are fresh and exciting. The nineteenth century guy falling into a well is a bit of a cliche, but aside from that everything else really hold my attention, which is hard to do. You have an exciting story to tell and I'm excited to read it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Detailed....a little too detailed, perhaps? I dunno...good synops tho.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Domenic Luciani
Domenic Luciani

Buffalo, NY



About
That is my real name, and that is really me in the picture. Like Patrick says, I'm not in the witness protection program. I mostly write books and stories. I like fantasy, or fiction, but if.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Domenic Luciani


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Domenic Luciani



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..