Yo Mister Likes Sugar

Yo Mister Likes Sugar

A Story by DonielleMikel
"

Poor Momma.

"

Momma told me how to insure your man wasn’t goin’ nowhere. Said a good home cooked meal and a regular screw would keep your mister from heading across the yard to Barbara Bushman’s house pretending to borrow a cup of sugar.


But poor Momma. She done cooked and screwed as much as she could, and her mister, our Daddy, done been over Barbra Bushman’s house for days at a time. Makes me wonder what a man needs with all that sugar.


Momma told me some men be just a little too selfish, a little to hot on the devil’s tail to ever do right by a good woman. So I decide to ask Momma about women like Barbara Bushman and all their sugar.


But all Momma says is that too much sweets, and women like Barbara Bushman can kill a man. Make his brain turn to mush. Daddy came home three days later...smellin’ real sweet.


I thought fosho’ that Momma was gon’ crack him upside his head with her good skillet. But instead, she ran sweet smellin’ Daddy a bath and fed him up real good.


“Momma!” I say. “What you do all that for?”


“Insurance.” She say. “Yo Daddy may have the devil’s sweet tooth, but he knows where his real nutrition comes from.”


I shake my head in disbelief.


“Okay, Momma.”

© 2016 DonielleMikel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the wording! It gives such a real feeling to the story and dialogue! The scene was so well laid out!

Posted 7 Years Ago


DonielleMikel

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on July 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 14, 2016
Tags: black, family, fiction

Author

DonielleMikel
DonielleMikel

los angeles, CA



About
21 years old, writing to find an answer. more..

Writing