God's Diary

God's Diary

A Poem by Sean Allen
"

She was born unplanned durring the Great War. When her mother passed away, a diary was discovered full of loving comments about her siblings, but nothing about her. Nothing that is but this one line.... "Had a baby girl today, named it Audrey Jane."

"

 

In God’s Diary
 
One night up in Heaven high,
God saw some things that made him cry.
 
And as the tears rolled down his cheek,
The more He thought, the more He’d weep.
 
As God stood up, He did not see,
One tear had dropped, as if to flee.
 
An Angel who was standing near,
With trembling voice, did speak in fear.
 
“Excuse me, Sir.” He started to speak.
“But, I see a tear has left your cheek.”
 
“Oh, so it has.” God answered He,
“Please go and fetch it back for me.”
 
From Heaven, things aren’t often dropped,
so this one tear he’d have to stop.
 
The Angel sped down towards the Earth
to catch the tear before it’s birth.
 
And as the teardrop he did find,
Still falling…God said “Never mind.”
 
“Just let it go, and we will see,
the life that this teardrop might be.”
 
“And bring my diary, and I’ll write
about what happened here tonight.”
 
“But, before you do that, stop and see
the mother of this child to be.”
 
“Apologize for this mistake,
she hadn’t planned this path to take.”
 
“And take a moment to explain
that a nice name might be Audrey Jane.”
 

Dear diary…dropped a tear today…named it Audrey Jane…

© 2009 Sean Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is truly original and creative thought. I read this lovely poem three times because it was so beautiful, serene and divinely magical. I absolutely adore this. It was very sad but I got a chance to see the heart of God from a talented writer. I have to put this one in my favorites for reflection and admiration. Excellent writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Simply beautiful!! Very imaginative, sad yet somehow comforting at the same time. Your note at the top started my tears flowing with compassion for Audrey Jane.

This poem has a lovely, gentle flow. I like your rhyming in this one too. I've already added this masterpiece to my favorites.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wonderful and thoughtful. You are one who can say something and make it into poetry. Don't ever forget that. K

Posted 14 Years Ago


Loved this...
It made me think that we are all the same (special) in God's eyes.


Posted 15 Years Ago


the site had crashed ? Well, that sounds scary...!
the last line is so APPROPRIATE....! PERFECT !!
I would love to know more about her.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Did you have this posted before the site crashed? I know that I've read this before.

I think that this is a wonderful piece. There are a lot of tears that have fallen from Heaven, I think that I'm one of them.

It would be interesting to know more about Audrey Jane's life. I wonder why she's not mentioned.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice work. The simplicity and beauty elicits a sense of fairy-tale like mood. The rhyme scheme is great, nothing was forced from what I could tell. However, like floornine stated before me "the end is a little off" it slightly strays from the number of sylibols in each two-line stanza, nothing a little rewording couln't fix. But none of that keeps it from being a great poem. Awesome job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lovely creative, poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is truly original and creative thought. I read this lovely poem three times because it was so beautiful, serene and divinely magical. I absolutely adore this. It was very sad but I got a chance to see the heart of God from a talented writer. I have to put this one in my favorites for reflection and admiration. Excellent writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a sparkling gem of a poem. I love the inspiration for this work, and it makes you wonder about all the things we don't know about the mother. That aside, the thing that struck me most, was the clear message that all things from our Creator have beauty. My favorite ideas within this work are the teardrop becoming the child Audrey and the human touch of God writing in His diary. Very inventive. I like this work a lot Sean, it has a calming effect and a beautiful touch. Very, very nice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a really creative thought... it reminds me of the little things my gram would tell me when I was little like "when it reains, god is crying... when it storms, god is angry" hehe... the end is a little off, the sylables don't quite match up and make it seem a little disconnected from the beginning.
The comment at the top about the inspiration for this poem really, intrigued me... I think it would make a really interesting story if you elaborated even more on that.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

492 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 1, 2009
Last Updated on January 1, 2009

Author

Sean Allen
Sean Allen

West Haven, CT



About
I am just a writer! At least I think I am. If I can only convince someone else of that, I will be a happy writer. But until then, I'm just a writer. Check out www.EclipseLogic.com and www.LightO.. more..

Writing
The Song The Song

A Poem by Sean Allen


Petals Petals

A Poem by Sean Allen